Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FEATURE] Pod lights
This a feature based on the discussion here
Basically pods have a lights (I call them star lights but whatever). These are toggled with a button on the ship's hud.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...s?expand=1
I like this feature. 5/5, really lights up the room.

I tried implementing this on my at-home build but could not get it to work, because between me and github, there is a lot of stupid.

PS: could you post a .patch of your commits? That supposedly makes things easier for the Goonstation Coders to implement your patch.
(02-03-2018, 08:11 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: PS: could you post a .patch of your commits? That supposedly makes things easier for the Goonstation Coders to implement your patch.

What is a .patch? I am unfamiliar with this term.
(02-03-2018, 08:11 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: PS: could you post a .patch of your commits? That supposedly makes things easier for the Goonstation Coders to implement your patch.

actually, we really do not like those, they are unusable

how he did it is the best way

Also, you never uploaded your modified icons/obj/ship.dmi with the lights component
(02-25-2018, 12:19 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: Also, you never uploaded your modified icons/obj/ship.dmi with the lights component

I did not add it as component (it just exists on all pods). Originally I was unsure how to implement the functionality; Should it have been a new subsystem or part of the pod secondary? I'm happy to take another look at it if you have a suggestion.
(02-25-2018, 02:55 AM)Tombi Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 12:19 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: Also, you never uploaded your modified icons/obj/ship.dmi with the lights component

I did not add it as component (it just exists on all pods). Originally I was unsure how to implement the functionality; Should it have been a new subsystem or part of the pod secondary? I'm happy to take another look at it if you have a suggestion.

you did though

your modifications to pod_lights.dm, created an item named obj/item/shipcomponent/pod_lights
it has the icon_state "lights" which does not exist
My mistake I did not understand what you were asking.
In short this was an oversight. I never created an icon for the lights object.

When I mindstormed the design I imagined it to be similar to other pod components; but this was my first DM project so I opted to keep it simple. Facilitating this, instead of having a pod light object you could add/make/remove I assumed that all pods would just have them. 
If you think it is preferable I am confident to implement this. Else just remove that icon_state assignment line.