Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Obligatory Eco Thread
(02-06-2018, 09:53 AM)New525 Wrote: Someone should make a thread just for the game

It's been released.

Buy it!
Will be soon. Anyone want to see about running a game for us?
The dolphin? for the genesis?
Nah, the cooperative finite resource game in likeness of Minecraft.

An apocalypse is coming, you're in a finite sized sandbox and need to prepare for it. There's limited time. There's limited resources. Overhunt animals? Extinct! Cut all trees down without replanting? Uh oh, you have now plains. did you remember to prepare for the cataclysm?
(02-06-2018, 02:31 PM)Gannets Wrote: The dolphin? for the genesis?

(02-06-2018, 02:56 PM)Sitoutumaton Wrote: Nah, the cooperative finite resource game in likeness of Minecraft.

An apocalypse is coming, you're in a finite sized sandbox and need to prepare for it. There's limited time. There's limited resources. Overhunt animals? Extinct! Cut all trees down without replanting? Uh oh, you have now plains. did you remember to prepare for the cataclysm?

Shame.
I always had a hard time hitting people with my nose in Eco the Dolphin
I played Eco at a dentist when i was kid. Could never get the controls down
I never figured out what Eco was exactly as a kid.

Like, I didn't know Time Travel was involved.

I'm pretty sure at least part of it was cause I never got very far in it...

But yeah I probably should have been more clear on what I meant since not everyone read the nerdy games thread?

Here's a website.
i'm 90% sure it's echo the dolphin not eco the dolphin
come on guys it's two c's this isn't that hard
(02-07-2018, 12:20 AM)Studenterhue Wrote: come on guys it's two c's this isn't that hard

that's why i said 90% sure
So I played Single player for a few days and uh...

Holy shit you do not go far alone. Like, at all.

I can't even make a door man. Like, I need basic carpentry for that but I put skill points into hunting and fire cooking and getting other skill trees after the second one is expensiiiiiiive...

Anywho, yeah. If nothing else we could always like invade a server or something. If one of us could host it though it would be fantastic.

Edit:Also, if you don't have the steam version, you can connect it on the website in the account info to get it on there free.
For update purposes.
(02-07-2018, 01:45 AM)Technature Wrote: Edit:Also, if you don't have the steam version, you can connect it on the website in the account info to get it on there free.
For update purposes.

As of right now, you can't actually. They had a limited amount of steam keys, they get more tuesday apparently. Did you try the sleeping thing that may or may not exist in singleplayer to advance time/earn skill points? I haven't played in a bit due to technical difficulties on my side
Shit, seriously?  Connecting early as I did was a good idea I guess.

Anyways, I joined a low pop server and noticed I was the only one playing so I don't think that's a thing I need to worry about?
(02-06-2018, 08:55 PM)New525 Wrote: I played Eco at a dentist when i was kid. Could never get the controls down
Oh My God that sounds just like the place I'd expect to play that game. At the time I was probably either 'playing' Mario Paint's DAW (lol), drawing, or hitting rocks with a baseball bat.