Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Shitty Plastic Gloves?
Inspired by my job.  Shitty plastic safety gloves that wear out overtime.  But why, I hear you asking, would you ever wear them?  Because, unless it deteriorates to near ripped, these gloves can hide your fingerprints.

I would think that they last for roughly five minutes and would be logically used by the Janitor, Chef, Bartender, the medical department, and the science wing.
(02-02-2018, 10:40 PM)Technature Wrote: Inspired by my job.  Shitty plastic safety gloves that wear out overtime.  But why, I hear you asking, would you ever wear them?  Because, unless it deteriorates to near ripped, these gloves can hide your fingerprints.

I would think that they last for roughly five minutes and would be logically used by the Janitor, Chef, Bartender, the medical department, and the science wing.

Don't latex gloves already hide your prints?
(02-03-2018, 06:22 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Don't latex gloves already hide your prints?

They scramble them, which is arguably good enough
I actually think the whole wearing out and breaking should probably be applied to latex gloves. You really can't wear gloves like that for long without that happening
Being the downer here, but I don't really see the point. I'd just use latex gloves or something. Roughly the same effect I think, unless I'm missing something?

You could make a case for an invisible and untraceable chem or item that, when applied to your hands, makes you not transfer finger prints, but only for a period of time.
Idea for latex gloves: Allows you to handle any material that would normally react to be touched. Active light grenades, for instance
(02-03-2018, 10:59 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Idea for latex gloves: Allows you to handle any material that would normally react to be touched. Active light grenades, for instance

Why wouldn't that apply to every non finger less glove?
Maybe all the gloves should wear out, if only to give a downside to wearing those countless insulated gloves all the time. Can't just wear your anti-ai gauntlets all the time!
(02-03-2018, 07:17 AM)Maegor Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 06:22 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Don't latex gloves already hide your prints?

They scramble them, which is arguably good enough

(02-03-2018, 10:24 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Being the downer here, but I don't really see the point. I'd just use latex gloves or something. Roughly the same effect I think, unless I'm missing something?

You could make a case for an invisible and untraceable chem or item that, when applied to your hands, makes you not transfer finger prints, but only for a period of time.

Yeah, they scramble them, but people playing detective work can figure it out from multiple sources (I caught someone just by checking two doors once and comparing them).

What I'm thinking is that the gloves would hide them completely (maybe at 3 or 4 minutes scramble them instead?), maybe to the point that you don't leave fibers (plastic?) for the first minute or so.  Then they start ripping and leaving noticeably large pieces behind, something like that.
(02-03-2018, 02:18 PM)Maegor Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 10:59 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Idea for latex gloves: Allows you to handle any material that would normally react to be touched. Active light grenades, for instance

Why wouldn't that apply to every non finger less glove?

Sure but let's pretend we're playing a video game and we can have a nonsense rule for the purpose of creating a distinction between one item and another
What if instead, science got some kind of "industrial gloves" that heavily limit what you can interact with and maybe even weighed you down a little, but they made it possible to handle scary hazardous things like light grenades, or touch artifacts etc without risk of getting jabbed with chems or sucked in and borged or whatever other nastiness. That'd make a bit more sense than randomly giving latex gloves that functionality.

edit: also give scientists glove boxes. idk how theyd really be useful in ss13 but damn are they cool