Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Law Implants
Compare link: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...s?expand=1

Features:
  • Large Implant parent item! Large implants can't be implanted normally and must be surgically inserted into the brain of some unlucky sod in order to function.
  • Slaves human beings to the AI law system.
  • Connects slaved beings to the killswitch computer.
  • Overheats and electrocutes/irradiates/detonates your head if you're naughty and try to circumvent the implant.
  • Makes you use silicon speech adjectives!
  • Adds an overlay to people with implants visible by silicons and other people with implants. Will need to update the humans definition on the wiki to exclude people with this overlay. I figured this was probably the neatest way to go about it.
  • Sprite by the lovely Gannets!
Sprites:
[Image: 9I0iNHT.png][Image: XMyYcB6.png]
In 64x64 for ease of viewing:
[Image: GYa7pAd.png][Image: aNjx0l8.png]
I made the original suggestion, AmaranthineApocalypse took it, improved it, and made it a reality. +1 from me.
If github offered a quick 'download changed files' option, it'd be 'testing' this right now.
But it doesn't, so I'll wait full of anticipation.
5/5
(02-03-2018, 01:06 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: If github offered a quick 'download changed files' option, it'd be 'testing' this right now.
But it doesn't, so I'll wait full of anticipation.
5/5

You could just download the whole repository and compile it
True, but I can also just be patient. (and lazy)
Almost forgot to mention, the patch includes a law implant kit box that contains two law implants, a set of surgical tools and some styptic powder patches. Ideally, these should be placed into sec and robotics.
I came up with a few ideas for this but I have been a bit reluctant to post them because I don't want to make amarnthine need to do any more work, but here they are anyway.

1. This is more of a precaution than anything, but make sure that if you law implant a changeling, any handspiders/eyespiders/legworms they make also have to follow the AI laws.
  2. Either make it so sechud glasses also get the overlay showing if someone has a law impant, or add examine text telling you if someone has a law implant, so the crew can tell who they are able to boss around.
(02-22-2018, 02:02 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: so the crew can tell who they are able to boss around.

big conspicuous antenna out of the head. 
like those old wifi cards you could add to a dialup laptop
(02-22-2018, 02:02 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: I came up with a few ideas for this but I have been a bit reluctant to post them because I don't want to make amarnthine need to do any more work, but here they are anyway.

1. This is more of a precaution than anything, but make sure that if you law implant a changeling, any handspiders/eyespiders/legworms they make also have to follow the AI laws.
  2. Either make it so sechud glasses also get the overlay showing if someone has a law impant, or add examine text telling you if someone has a law implant, so the crew can tell who they are able to boss around.

Presumably they'd be prevented from creating and/or ordering the spiders to attack people by law one. Aside from that, I can't actually do anything about those since neither are in the public release. But I'll see if I can't add the examine text tonight.
(02-23-2018, 12:25 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Presumably they'd be prevented from creating and/or ordering the spiders to attack people by law one. Aside from that, I can't actually do anything about those since neither are in the public release.

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6691
(02-24-2018, 08:03 PM)ZeWaka Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 12:25 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Presumably they'd be prevented from creating and/or ordering the spiders to attack people by law one. Aside from that, I can't actually do anything about those since neither are in the public release.

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6691

Thanks! It'll probably be a while before i can actually get to this though. I have a lot that needs doing this week.