Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove "Add-Note" Verb
I use add-note all the time, especially whenever dealing with wires.
Not going to remove add-note. If you want more people to use their pdas just talk about how pdas are useful more often, I guess. A lot of people just don't know because they throw them away like doofuses.

Probably wouldn't hurt to add some more PDA utilities later though.
BruceHenke Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:Pdas are pretty useful if you use them correctly

That is a blatant lie, and you know it.

Nope. PDA's are extremely useful pieces of kit. So much utility bundled into one small package.
Sorry about the double post.

I just want to remind people that we have a PDA vending machine that dispenses new PDAs and PDA cartridges.

Have you grown attached to the scientist reagent scan or the medical doctor health scan? Do you miss that functionality when you are an assistant? Well just run on over to the PDA vending machine and purchase the cartridges that contain those programs. Build your own custom PDA. Upgrade the flashlight to a full-power version. Shutdown beepsky. View the crew manifest. Rewrite the alert message on the bulletin boards. Sniff packets. Ping other PDAs, sort by short/med/long distance, find the HOP's corpse.

The only PDA functionality I haven't been able to recreate is the electrician T-ray scanner functionality. Its been forever since I've played as an electrician/mechanic, and I don't know if they still have that built into their PDAs....for that matter, one of the cartridges may have that scanner and I may have merely overlooked it.

Also, I haven't found a way to make my PDA slippery like the old clown PDA. But aside from the slippy PDA and t-ray scanner, I think you can recreate any other PDA functionality on any other type of PDA.
Armchair Wrote:The only PDA functionality I haven't been able to recreate is the electrician T-ray scanner functionality.
I vaguely recall this being a hardware upgrade, working the same way changing out the flashlight does (and in fact replacing the flashlight).
Araltaln Wrote:
Armchair Wrote:The only PDA functionality I haven't been able to recreate is the electrician T-ray scanner functionality.
I vaguely recall this being a hardware upgrade, working the same way changing out the flashlight does (and in fact replacing the flashlight).

To be extremely picky, that's one PDA upgrade that's worse than the corresponding machine. You can't hit a cable with a T-ray PDA to see the current.
I think that applies to PDA MedScanners too. It shows damage but doesn't show other medically relevant stats, like disease, addiction, radiation, etc.