Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Miscreant Uplink ?
So miscreant revamps have been a hot topic for a while on all sorts of threads, so here's my suggestion: 

Since miscreants are literally just regular crewmates with an extremely light suggestion to RP some sort of minor chaos, no quantity or quality of miscreant objective is going to change how they work.

Enter the Syndicate Homeopathic Telecrystal McUplink™ 
A new and Completely Safe ™ revised supply device, reverse engineered from captured Syndie uplinks. 
Equipped with 12 patented NanoTrasen™ brand Homeopathic Telecrystals™, these uplinks can be used to order various useless Hot-Selling Consumer Apparel for the budding petty criminal entrepreneur, artist, or handyman. Just look at these juicy bananas, cleverly named snacks, odd hats and various rare and discontinued paraphernalia collected from all over the asteroid belt! 

In this thread please suggest miscreant-appropriate supplies and their cost in HTC, based on a total stock of 12 HTC. 
I feel like costs should remain fairly high for anything not readilly available in public, maybe 1 or 2 HTC for the convenience of getting a crayon on demand, and 8-12 HTC for actually disruptive equipment. 

Time for fight
I support this idea. Sounds fun.
I like this too, actually. Miscreants as a goofy quasi-antag sounds neat.
only if a traitor's uplink can send telecrystals to a miscreant's uplink
Syndicate Miscreant Surplus Crate, 12 HTC.
Toy sword, 7 HTC.
Buttbomb, 1 HTC.
Toy AK/Gun (the ones that have a flag with "BANG" written on it) - 8 HTC (if they allow the flag to be reset)
A sound synthesiser - 6 HTC
Eggs 1 - TC
Spray paint 3 - TC
Mind Slav implant - Gives people Slavic accent - 4 TC
Pie crate - 3 TC
Disguise kit - Comes with voice changer, Agent ID, and a mask - 6 TC
Drug vial - Randomized gimmick drugs like Cat drugs - 4 TC
Cluwne mask - 10 TC
Poo - Ordering this causes you to explode into Gibs 12 TC
unsulated gloves - 2 HTC
rocket shoes - 4 HTC
box of stickers - 3 HTC
Microbang - 1tc

When you die it goes off like a flash bang
2TC: Powerglove™: it's the nintendo one, quotes from The Wizard
4TC: Joy Buzzer: actually shocks people, enough for a very brief stun (for farting upon) but no/minimal damage
6TC: Scary Costume: Changes your sprite to a hostile mob (bear/wendigo/maneater/etc) and your scream to theirs
10TC: Captain's Outfit: literally just the captain's outfit, so you can pretend to be the captain (because nobody ever looks at their ID)
+1 Great idea. Having a bit more choas on station, what could possibly go wrong?
♪ It takes a lot to make a crew ♪
♪ A pinch of salt and miscreants too ♪
♪ A scoop of antags to add the spice ♪
♪ A dash of phlog to make it nice ♪
♪ And you've SS13smilie with a protruding tongue
5HTC - Contraband 'C' ballon - just like sec huds see them, but a literal ballon
9HTC - Stink bombs - Now anywhere can smell like the morgue! Positively eye-watering.
My knee-jerk reaction upon seeing the thread title was "please don't", but now I'm super down for this feature.

Would 10-12 HTC for a skateboard be reasonable, or are they too powerful?

3 HTC could get you one of those dehydrated animal capsules, perhaps.

I'm kind of imagining this having stuff like they used to have ads for in comic books, like those phony x-way glasses, shitty walkie-talkies, sea monkeys, and etcetera.
12 HTC for a centcom announcement telling everyone to kill you. Buying this means that people can kill you without getting banned, for obvious reasons.
(02-02-2018, 07:41 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: 12 HTC for a centcom announcement telling everyone to kill you. Buying this means that people can kill you without getting banned, for obvious reasons.

"playername has murdered a bee!"