Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make the weakest bomb (that still explodes)
Most people, when researching bombs, go for high power, stuns, effects and other harmful stuff, but what if I just wanna goof off and prank engineering with a can bomb that only damages the tile below it? I wanna know the WEAKEST most ABSOLUTELY USELESS bombs you can possibly make (No butt bombs don't count, those are awesome, anyone who disagrees is a dirty heretic and shall be spaced instantly)
(01-31-2018, 11:52 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Most people, when researching bombs, go for high power, stuns, effects and other harmful stuff, but what if I just wanna goof off and prank engineering with a can bomb that only damages the tile below it? I wanna know the WEAKEST most ABSOLUTELY USELESS bombs you can possibly make (No butt bombs don't count, those are awesome, anyone who disagrees is a dirty heretic and shall be spaced instantly)

Just throw stabilized smoke powder in a beaker, attach an radio signaller/igniter to it and then hide it behind a bush somewhere. Mix with carbon for a bomb that just shoots dirt everywhere.
(02-02-2018, 04:50 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 11:52 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Most people, when researching bombs, go for high power, stuns, effects and other harmful stuff, but what if I just wanna goof off and prank engineering with a can bomb that only damages the tile below it? I wanna know the WEAKEST most ABSOLUTELY USELESS bombs you can possibly make (No butt bombs don't count, those are awesome, anyone who disagrees is a dirty heretic and shall be spaced instantly)

Just throw stabilized smoke powder in a beaker, attach an radio signaller/igniter to it and then hide it behind a bush somewhere. Mix with carbon for a bomb that just shoots dirt everywhere.

Ill have to try that out, though I still want to knock some nerd on their face when they try to defuse it
Is flash powder still a thing? Pop some of that in a proximity-heated beaker, and anyone brave enough to try grab it will be smacked on their arse AND blind.
Didn't we have that novelty-like chem that made loud popping noises or something? I think there's also a joke-like version of the pipebomb... if not, there totally should be.

One of my favorite things to do on occasion was making air-canbombs with a high timer and all the noisemakers. Drag it around the station and you'd have a quarter of the crew after you in a yakety-sax worthy chase. Not sure if you can even do that anymore.
Silver fulminate makes a revolver like pop when heated, or thrown, or looked at too hard.
All of these sound great but I'd still like it to do a little bit of damage, give my victims a little spook
(02-03-2018, 09:43 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: All of these sound great but I'd still like it to do a little bit of damage, give my victims a little spook

Water and potassium?
There's a very, very fine line between 'that spooked me' and 'that was assault/attempted murder', and that line varies greatly from person to person and admin to admin. Especially in SS13 where limbs are made of cardboard and walls/windows are tissue paper to explosions.

This only applies to traps, bombs, and other things that aren't opt-in tho. Still, ideally, you never want to vent the station for pranks, which is surprisingly easy to do.
if you make a custom pipebomb wrong (like with oil instead of welding fuel) then it still gets activated, gets thrown, then just fizzles out
Thanks for all the suggestions, ill have to use them next time I roll Antag, anyone know any can bombs that you could walk away from clipping the wrong wire on?
Tank transfer valve + butt + butt
Mix 20 oxygen + 10 phosphorus + 10 water + 10 carbon + 20 chocolate and serve in a glass labelled 'drink me'.
(02-04-2018, 08:05 AM)Grek Wrote: Mix 20 oxygen + 10 phosphorus + 10 water + 10 carbon + 20 chocolate and serve in a glass labelled 'drink me'.

I'm not sure what that mix is other than I know it goes boom, ill have to try one (is the chocolate needed or can I just fill the rest with vodka?)
(02-04-2018, 10:42 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 08:05 AM)Grek Wrote: Mix 20 oxygen + 10 phosphorus + 10 water + 10 carbon + 20 chocolate and serve in a glass labelled 'drink me'.

I'm not sure what that mix is other than I know it goes boom, ill have to try one (is the chocolate needed or can I just fill the rest with vodka?)

The chocolate is needed for the reaction to work