Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some blob tweaks
I think blob rounds are severely underrated and am always surprised when people complain about how it inevitably ends so quickly. This is a thread to suggest tweaks or small changes that you think would make this round type and late antag even more fun.

A few suggestions of my own:

1. Blobs can become way too powerful way too fast if they manage to eat a monkey vending machine. Limit monkey evo points to something like 3-5. Some amount that makes it worth going after a few early on, but not enough that the blob become unstoppable after 2 minutes.

2. Nerf chemsmoking. Seriously, it only takes a single chem spammed super fast to just walk straight through the blob. I would suggest requiring a beaker splash/flamer to apply chems to the blob.

3. Give blobs a few more organs
   3a. Ear organs so blobs can hear the crew
   3b. Mouth organs so blobs can have conversations with the crew (possible friendblobs? convince the crew to start a blobcult?)
   3c. A butt organ so blobs can fart.
Blob has a weird balancing point where too small of a blob is too weak and too large of a blob is too strong. I think we gotta find a middle ground for the both of them
Fartblob bestblob
Ive always wanted to play a friendly blob, having a way to say "no hurt, blob friend" would be magical
I think instead of talking, being able to (essentially) crayon-draw on your blob tiles in a contrasting colour would do it, and be more interesting to boot.
[Image: ditd155_zps6830fe04.jpg]
I wanted to throw out an idea that is about blobs in general rather than these specific points:

What if you could only place blob tiles within a certain distance of a nucleus? As you spread out, if you wanted to move to new areas, you would have to place your nucleus near the edges to get the distance.

Additionally, have the nucleus act as a general buff to the nearest tiles around it, making them stronger, heal, and hit harder.

A blob could stack nuclei near each other to make a condensed, powerful blob or spread them out.

(01-30-2018, 06:55 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: 3. Give blobs a few more organs
   3a. Ear organs so blobs can hear the crew
   3b. Mouth organs so blobs can have conversations with the crew (possible friendblobs? convince the crew to start a blobcult?)
   3c. A butt organ so blobs can fart.

I would love if, at no real point cost, blobs could generate free floating organs that absorbed players had control over.

Eyes that could act as additional spotters
Mouths that could taunt the crew
Tendrils for grabbing items and holding on to people to keep them from running away
I should probably go back and fill in that one hole in the nucleus sprite, huh