Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would it be possible.. [Idea] "Prison station."
Hi. I had an idea and wondered if people might know if it were possible. The idea is like to have every exit or entrance to a section of a station only openable to somebody with security clearance. To maybe make it "safer" for maybe people paranoid about traitors and such? I was thinking of how one might make that happen. I don't know too much about the stuff in the game or anything, but one thought I had was the thingies the mechanical fellas use to copy objects. Would that work like that? ...

I was also thinking if the AI might be able to make that happen, but I am not sure...

Maybe this should go in the "Ideas" section instead?
(01-25-2018, 11:43 PM)Bob Wrote: Maybe this should go in the "Ideas" section instead?
It could.

About the idea: depending on how thorough you want to be, this can be done in any Admin-round by forcing everybody to spawn as either a Security Guard or a 'Prisoner', who has no ID-card (or a very limited one).

I have heard that once upon a time the Admins helped re-create the 'Stanford' Prison Experiment, your idea to a T, and it was a great success.
I am not sure it would have to actually be a prison sort of thing, but it might seem that way. You would just have to ask or what-have-you to be able to open particular things. Maybe.

Turning the areas into sort of "cells" in a way.

For protection of course...

But if you just did it normally then people would still have whatever status they would have normally, I guess...
I think he just means having each department/area separated by doors that only security can open. Interesting idea, but you'd have to have a decent amount of security officers willing to run around opening doors. Alternate idea but unlikely, areas separated by doors that only the AI can open. Would be cool with a good AI, but bad AI's could abuse it easy and subversion would suck
A lock-down feature?
I think he means a 'sec mode' that all doors in a room can be set to with one click, so only sec can get in/out. Feels like it's redundant with regular bolting the doors, though I would like a way to bolt down an entire room/section's doors with one click.
That one guy with security clearance would probably be the antag.

That aside, an actual prison station sounds interesting so long as it's more superjail and less stanford prison experiment.
(01-26-2018, 12:54 AM)Bob Wrote: A lock-down feature?

This is something I've always thought would be useful

Having a control system either in Sec or the Bridge that changes the access levels in doors with an announcement

So you could say, put the station on lockdown where only heads and Security can open doors, or an emergency mode where all doors are unlocked for a quick escape
Moved to ideas
(01-26-2018, 08:08 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

Having a control system either in Sec or the Bridge that changes the access levels in doors with an announcement

So you could say, put the station on lockdown where only heads and Security can open doors, or an emergency mode where all doors are unlocked for a quick escape

So long as the access levels are discrete I agree.
Personally I think having two states: access restrictions removed and normal access would be a good middle ground. Being able to lockdown an entire area at the click of a button seems way too easy to heckle the entire non-security/non-head crew. Setting specific access levels sounds nice but given that the majority of the crew would not know if their current access is sufficient to open such a door until they try I can see this frustrating players. Regardless any affected doors should at least have a visual cue that the access restriction was changed.
A multi-keyed locking mechanism to create a "lock-down"?
We actually used to have a prison station. It was specifically designed for dangerous criminals and had some secret ways to do a jailbreak. I'd support bringing it back.
(01-26-2018, 04:16 PM)Tombi Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 08:08 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

Being able to lockdown an entire area at the click of a button seems way too easy to heckle the entire non-security/non-head crew. Setting specific access levels sounds nice but given that the majority of the crew would not know if their current access is sufficient to open such a door until they try I can see this frustrating players. Regardless any affected doors should at least have a visual cue that the access restriction was changed.

Nah that's the idea. It's a Security lockdown, for keeping hostile elements stuck and other people safe with a big klaxxon alarm going off.

Mainly would be useful for Rev rounds, but could see some play during Changeling rounds when you don't want people freely able to mix and mingle.
Moved to "Mapping", ay?
(01-27-2018, 01:17 PM)Bob Wrote: Moved to "Mapping", ay?

oops! fixed.