Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Lots of handheld artifacts are broken.
I have no real experience with this bug, other then that I have found quite a few useless hand-held artifacts.

Discord-chat established that almost all artifacts are not working properly, including: teleport wands, shield-barrier wands, ranged weapons and something referred to as a 'wizard spell' artifact.

Only 'instrument' artifacts, beakers and melee artifacts work, altough the jury wasn't out on whether melee artifacts are working correctly.
It has been suggested that it had something to do with the addition of 'instrument' artifacts, but that was only speculation.
Personal experience with teleport, wand and gun artifacts not working. Feels like it started when instrument artifacts were added.
Yeah these artifacts are straight up not working right now.
(01-25-2018, 09:59 AM)Grifflez Wrote: Personal experience with teleport, wand and gun artifacts not working. Feels like it started when instrument artifacts were added.
Found a randomly generated handheld gun artifact literally yesterday. Not convinced this is an issue so much as the RNG screwing people over for a bit. Happy to leave open for a little longer, for more anecdotal stuff, but yeah...
Lemme see if I can get HukHukHuk to come in here, a few weeks ago (he might not remember this) I prayed and got an answer for him that I'd happily get gibbed if I could just be told what this hand-held artifact I had DID. It was activated. He told me, kindly without killing me, it was a teleporter. It didn't work. He took it, tried it, it didn't work. He tried to make me a new one, which also didn't work.

I have had guns, for sure. But teleporters and magic-spell ones have seemed to not work for me. I can tell when it's a broken teleporter because I'll click it on a remote wall and it'll buzz, but that's the ONLY thing it'll do.
I have seen many wall_wands, teleport_wand, and attack_wands not working. I have seen one working teleport_wand since map rotation was instated, none of the others in that span.

Every gun artifact I have activated has actually worked though, and I have had a bunch of those, so I'm very unsure about that aspect of things.
Yeah I teleport in artifacts and test them so much I've probably developed a reputation for it. I have been constantly getting handheld artifacts that are clearly supposed to be these, but in actuality do nothing, for months. Not a single one has actually worked. It's not an RNG thing, it is that they are (almost) completely broken.
Bump.

Any admin can just straight up spawn a handheld teleporting artifact in-round and should find it doesn't work.
I'm not naming and shaming, but:

Code:
(a && b > c ? x : y)

is not the same as:

Code:
(a && b > (c ? x : y))

Handheld artifacts should be fixed. Going to leave this open so anyone who cares can verify.