Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game Imbalances: Cut the Cheese??
my least favorite thing is a teleporter trap in the middle of a main hallway with all the lights turned off.

(01-22-2018, 08:46 PM)Xeram Wrote: A little bit of heat or cold can turn a water spill into lava or cold lava that will inevitably insta-kill anyone who accidentally runs across it without a mask.

i think i fixed this, heat/cold should only proc once when you enter the fluid body right now

(01-22-2018, 09:27 PM)drymelon Wrote: i have to double click to do things,

and every time i try to fire a gun

did you try turning off tooltips?
man, this thread is just reminding me of all the really broken shit that's been removed in the past
Yeah I forgot about teleporter traps. Those and crushers combined with those stealth fields
Why make a teleporter trap when you can just scan a crusher and a field and place them close?
(01-23-2018, 08:55 PM)medsal15 Wrote: Why make a teleporter trap when you can just scan a crusher and a field and place them close?

OH FUCK
IDEA
Get building materials, Make a 3X3 floor in a spot nobody goes to in space.  Place scanned crushers on every side with a teleport in the middle.
Make teleport traps.
Make people wonder where everyone went.
(01-23-2018, 10:25 PM)Technature Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 08:55 PM)medsal15 Wrote: Why make a teleporter trap when you can just scan a crusher and a field and place them close?

OH FUCK
IDEA
Get building materials, Make a 3X3 floor in a spot nobody goes to in space.  Place scanned crushers on every side with a teleport in the middle.
Make teleport traps.
Make people wonder where everyone went.

Have done this before.

Doesn't work as well as you think because some people dead stop/move slow/the crusher doesn't trigger and if one lives they can wrench the telepad. Might work better if you made it a 1x2 room because pushing.

(though also if im remembering right there was a shitty ghostdrone messing with it when they first came out)

Amusingly, I ended with more dead people in a room as a nontraitor by accident when I made a maze of teleport panels in that sent you into tech storage on cog1 with the door open, then put a maze of scattered panels in the maint hall/darkened hallway. You could get out fairly easily (had to several times) if you took it slow and nobody bumped you, but they didn't so I caused a small lynch mob. Like 3 people died in tech storage somehow in the process and then something exploded in it apparently? It was quite the mess.
Just having a repeating grav acc (via control unit) in the center tile should turn it into a no-chance trap. Still not as bad as the 'build a secret telsci hub in space (hemera, buddy factory) and use the portable monitor to telsci people into a walled off room full of n2o/other bad stuff' tactic.

I mean it was great the first time. Ran dry real quick though.

Mechanics is full of horrible things in general really, starting with the mechanics.
(01-22-2018, 01:14 PM)Eibel Wrote: Running out of speed injectors on the nano med.
It's rare enough I don't care, but when it does happen I'm usually in the middle of curing half the station of various toxin related issues.

It's always toxins

It is usually because someone got attacked by wasps and didn't use antihistaminics , at least in my experience.
(01-30-2018, 10:44 AM)Maegor Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 01:14 PM)Eibel Wrote: Running out of speed injectors on the nano med.
It's rare enough I don't care, but when it does happen I'm usually in the middle of curing half the station of various toxin related issues.

It's always toxins

It is usually because someone got attacked by wasps and didn't use antihistaminics , at least in my experience.

That i cant really get mad at, not many folks would associate dipenhydramine with anti histamine

The porta and the stationary nanomeds have different names for things sometimes amd it makes me giggle