Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game Imbalances: Cut the Cheese??
Question 
What game mechanic makes you salty? The cheese tactics that get you riled up? The thing that makes you say 'not this shit again'?

This isn't a thread about cutting your favorite cheese; the title is just clickbait. Still, it might happen. It might need to happen. Or it might only need a proper counter. The thread is also about stuff with bad cost-per-effect/effort.

So yeah, I'm literally asking people to whine about how [X] is unfair. Expect Billy to be an asshole. These are all opinions, so they're all valid. Even yours, Billy.
Dr Floorpills is an overpowered mechanic, please nerf
These days, the prison loaf meta rustles my jimmies. There's not really a counter to being put in crit in one hit by a loaf being thrown at you, then killed a few throws later. No amount of meth prevents it, even if you can somehow keep moving after the first. Stuns may be crippling, but they have counters and don't kill you in and of themselves.

I've taken to hiding the loafer at roundstart if I remember how unsatisfying it is.
that i can't see when exactly someone gets up. there's that 1 to 3 second delay before the sprite updates your rest/stand state. don't know if it's a bug or a feature since it's a mix of two, but it still goads me to prod someone with a stun baton early just in-case they dare to make an escape with it. it's especially fucked when someone uses it to their own advantage and pulls out a gun whilst in that 1 to 3 second delay state.
seeing a body just slide away from an officer is funny to me tho - it's subtle enough to be a feature because who wouldn't pretend to be stunned until the officer looks away at the last minute to run away, so i'm mixed about it being fixed.
(01-22-2018, 10:31 AM)parf Wrote: that i can't see when exactly someone gets up. there's that 1 to 3 second delay before the sprite updates your rest/stand state. don't know if it's a bug or a feature since it's a mix of two, but it still goads me to prod someone with a stun baton early just in-case they dare to make an escape with it. it's especially fucked when someone uses it to their own advantage and pulls out a gun whilst in that 1 to 3 second delay state.
seeing a body just slide away from an officer is funny to me tho - it's subtle enough to be a feature because who wouldn't pretend to be stunned until the officer looks away at the last minute to run away, so i'm mixed about it being fixed.

To be fair, if this is ever adjusted its going to affect some important tech. Sliding under flaps or whatever else can be slid under, sober self-surgery on operating tables, and probably more im forgetting. Thats probably why it hasn't been touched.
Superheated chems. I've died instantly from just slipping in puddles that got heated inadvertently, let alone people carrying around extinguishers or beakers full of it
Running out of speed injectors on the nano med.
It's rare enough I don't care, but when it does happen I'm usually in the middle of curing half the station of various toxin related issues.

It's always toxins

But, just making more nanomeds works as a good refill and qm is sometimes nice and sends us supplies

That and holy moly the 500 speed injector garbage items on the floor, i swear we need to slip on them like they're marbles the way we litter the pharmacy
Hostile critters that can instantly hit you, or worse, instantly STUN you, the moment they get into melee range. It is what makes fighting wizard skeletons a pain in the ass and what makes fighting baby ice spiders torture(because baby ice spiders can ONLY be hit by melee attacks, you either have to hit them the same frame they get into melee range or let them pounce you and hope you can tank the hit).

In fact, I would say that the wizard's skeleton spell is a tad overpowered in general. Besides the aforementioned robustness of the skeletons, they can revive themselves automatically a while after being killed, and skeletoning a corpse instantly and permanently stops them from being revived.
(01-22-2018, 01:14 PM)Eibel Wrote: Running out of speed injectors on the nano med.
It's rare enough I don't care, but when it does happen I'm usually in the middle of curing half the station of various toxin related issues.

It's always toxins

But, just making more nanomeds works as a good refill and qm is sometimes nice and sends us supplies

That and holy moly the 500 speed injector garbage items on the floor, i swear we need to slip on them like they're marbles the way we litter the pharmacy

A nice mechanic would be loading glass and chems into the NanoMed to have it add more autoinjectors to it's supply, but I dunno how complex it'd be to add that to a vending machine.
I personally really really do not like powersinks. Every round I've played with em on has not been that fun, and I always internally groan when I see the power go off from them.
Almost every form of weaponry that doesn't instant stun or kill is pretty much useless because fists do so much stamina damage and are always available.

Small robots serve almost literally no function except to be ordered en masse and emp'd where each type of bot can almost singlehandedly kill anyone they approach, especially firebots.

Hitting people while they're down seems completely inconsistant with how much stamnia damage they take or how long they stay down. Ties into the next bit:

Attacking someone in melee who isn't completely stunned or unconscoius or otherwise helpless is almost suicidal because they can punch you once and knock you out because attacks feel like they cost more stamina than they deal.

Detective has a .38 straight out of a movie (never runs out of goddamn ammo)

Cloaking devices can be sewn into chests and used with farting.

About 20 seconds of bar chemistry can create drinking glasses that insta-kill vampires.

A little bit of heat or cold can turn a water spill into lava or cold lava that will inevitably insta-kill anyone who accidentally runs across it without a mask.
sometimes...

i have to double click to do things,

and every time i try to fire a gun
chems

braindead "i win" button
lings. there's all the swarm stuff that means being killed by a ling isnt as bad as it was before, but it still sucks that there's a pretty common thing out there that just has basically an instant-kill button. it's premise is to be sneaky but even when the entire station knows of them they can still neurotox individuals and regen while fighting groups
(01-22-2018, 11:34 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: chems

braindead "i win" button

This. Nerf Chems 2018.