Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Miscreant objective rework
hello i am here today to present you an idea i came up with a few months ago but now i decided to make a thread about it

basically what this idea of mine is is to rework the miscreant system and it's not a very big change at all and it would be to just take some of the non-lethal and non-destructive traitor objectives and allocate them to miscreants or come up with some miscreant objectives and also make completing 

stuff like 'steal the captain's jumpsuit' or 'steal the handteleporter' or even something like 'destroy the captain's bonsai tree' and make it onto the shuttle should be miscreant objectives. have some tangible objectives like this for miscreants and also have these objectives pay out a minor amount of spacebux. like 40-50 for the objective or have it scale depending on the perceived difficulty of the objective eg (steal X player's shoes and escape with them) might pay out less than (assassinate heisenbee)
(01-23-2018, 03:15 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: hello i am here today to present you an idea i came up with a few months ago but now i decided to make a thread about it

basically what this idea of mine is is to rework the miscreant system and it's not a very big change at all and it would be to just take some of the non-lethal and non-destructive traitor objectives and allocate them to miscreants or come up with some miscreant objectives and also make completing 

stuff like 'steal the captain's jumpsuit' or 'steal the handteleporter' or even something like 'destroy the captain's bonsai tree' and make it onto the shuttle should be miscreant objectives. have some tangible objectives like this for miscreants and also have these objectives pay out a minor amount of spacebux. like 40-50 for the objective or have it scale depending on the perceived difficulty of the objective eg (steal X player's shoes and escape with them) might pay out less than (assassinate heisenbee)
I was going to support until the last sentence, only a special kind of monster would ever even CONSIDER touching heisenbee with less than pure intents  Grimm and frostbitten
Spacebux for objectives always gets a screaming +1 from me
Incentives for completing optional objectives? Me like. Also this just gave me an idea, thanks.   bee
I fuckin love this! Maybe it could even be expanded into additional Crew Objectives, like a doctor having to make sure a specific player has all their limbs and/or is alive/healthy at the end of the round, stuff like that
(01-23-2018, 03:15 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: take some of the non-lethal and non-destructive traitor objectives and allocate them to miscreants or come up with some miscreant objectives
I'd be in favor if THE EXACT opposite: more non-lethal objectives for traitors. I am not a fan of murder especially the mass- kind, and any happily take any excuse to not do that.

(01-23-2018, 03:15 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: have these objectives pay out a minor amount of spacebux. like 40-50 for the objective or have it scale depending on the perceived difficulty of the objective eg (steal X player's shoes and escape with them) might pay out less than (assassinate heisenbee)
More perks for the baddies while the hard working men of NanoTrasen wallow in poverty? Again I'd be in favor if THE EXACT opposite. The miscreants already have their fun; if anything people need an incentive to do their actual job!
Hard working? What kind of NT station would have productive crew? smilie with a protruding tongue
I am certain crew objectives are a (somewhat lacking) thing already. I see no reason why completing those shouldn't give similar rewards to completing miscreant objectives. Trying not to delve to much into it as crew/traitor objectives are really for another thread.
antags already get their fair share of spacebux by virtue of being an antag, you always get the full amount
Didn’t we just have one of these threads and it ended in more miscreant objectives that never got added?