Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold VS Heat: No more space fires
The idea is simple, if an area has a low temperature or something cold is added to a fire, the fire burns up faster and is less effective, putting it out, same thing vice versa. Imagine tossing ice cream at someone to save them from an engineering accident or washing your hands viciously after your flame thrower back fired.
(01-18-2018, 01:33 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: The idea is simple, if an area has a low temperature or something cold is added to a fire, the fire burns up faster and is less effective, putting it out, same thing vice versa. Imagine tossing ice cream at someone to save them from an engineering accident or washing your hands viciously after your flame thrower back fired.

This would in one stroke, absolutely infuriate every hellburn engineer ever. I approve of this troll.
Nah it shouldn't be based on just cold

Fire should have three elements present to exist
1. Heat
2. Fuel
3. Oxygen

Space fires shouldn't happen because of the lack of oxygen, not the lack of heat. If it was just cold, fires in a freezer would be impossible, but that's just not how it works.
(01-19-2018, 06:15 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Nah it shouldn't be based on just cold

1. Heat
2. Fuel
3. Oxygen

Space fires shouldn't happen because of the lack of oxygen, not the lack of heat. If it was just cold, fires in a freezer would be impossible, but that's just not how it works.

True, a system like that would still be "cool" tho

1. Heat
2. Fuel
3. Oxygen

Gas fires are already dependent on oxygen, and will go out in an oxygenless area such as the void of space. The problem is that once an object or entity catches on fire, as far as I know, it's totally untethered from the gas system - a burning cloud of plasma will consume oxygen, but a burning human won't.
(01-23-2018, 01:02 PM)Paineframe Wrote:

1. Heat
2. Fuel
3. Oxygen

Gas fires are already dependent on oxygen, and will go out in an oxygenless area such as the void of space. The problem is that once an object or entity catches on fire, as far as I know, it's totally untethered from the gas system - a burning cloud of plasma will consume oxygen, but a burning human won't.
So if this new hot vs cold thing were put in it would cause the fire to die out because the human is already freezing to death (If they have a space suit I say let em burn, jumping into space shouldn't be an automatic fire extinguisher without negatives)
What's that? No, more space fires? I agree!
fire cannot be on space tiles
True, but people can be ON FIRE on space tiles.

Great Feature.