Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rehashing ATM's: Security/Medical/Genetics
I really dig the new finance angle that's going with ss13.
I think adding in these new features in an atm would add to that.

Pay Fine
Security may slap on a small fine via pda for small time crime, their discretion. Player has 5~ minutes to pay that fine or beepsky will target you, stun you, and then move on like a unforgiving bastard that he is. Already in place would be the pda device that alarms you when beepsky arrests, so you can listen and be smug that crime doesn't pay.
And yes, this would make a security pda a bit more coveted, security and others alike

Medical Insurance
Let doctors set prices for medbots via medbay computer, so that they only target people who paid it. You can pay for medical insurance via atm. Doctors would be immune from medical insurance, it'd be nice to see them make a profit and be more valued for someone who hasn't payed for insurance.

After Careā„¢
Taken from cogs idea at the genetics discussion, insurance would be paid for via atm. Who would price the insurance? HoP/Captain/Geneticists do. I'm not too sure but some of it should go towards station funding, and then geneticists should take a slice, because hey!, it's work for them.
Geneticists could turn very sinister, money hoarding scientists. Someone rushes in, dragging dead dude, geneticists refuse to clone due to insurance, said person uses his insurance to pay to clone dude, etc.
These are good ideas. But I think a "Send money to shipping" button would be good as well.

Allow them to contribute money to the shipping fund with the expectation that they can spend it on crates later.
(or just save the shipping budget)
yes plz

also maybe change the lottery from 4 numbers to 3 so the odds are 1 in 27? and maybe people will actually use it
mozi Wrote:yes plz

also maybe change the lottery from 4 numbers to 3 so the odds are 1 in 27? and maybe people will actually use it

Also, combinations of numbers greater than 2. 1 and 2 seem to rule the day, though I've seen 3 a few times.
Why not make ATMs also cover things like updating medical records along with your insurance. You can check your medical record and maybe if you pay a fee let them scan you to update information allowing doctors to see if you have anything that could need fixing.

Or anything to make medical records useful.
Medical insurance for medbots is an amazingly cruel solution to medbots rendering doctors irrelevant and I love it, but the price should be at least fixed within a certain range so they don't scalp like motherfuckers. Would the money go into the RD's pocket, or back into the station budget's, or vanish, or what? The security one I can see getting abused quickly, especially if there's a way to make it so the fine goes into the officer's pocket, which I can't say I'd mind much as there needs to be more graft in security.

Also uh, there is sort of an AfterCare-y thing you can already do with genetics but it's sort of a dick move and highlights something that should probably change. There's a fund transfer machine near the cloner. Swipe your card on it, then take the IDs off everybody who's dragged in, and swipe it through. It doesn't ask for their PIN, so you can just hoover out all the money in their account and place it into yours and make ~MAD MONEY~. If, somehow, they notice, just tell them it's a service charge. You can technically do this as any job with any fund transfer machine, so long as you have your ID and access to a victim's. It's hilarious and a great way to make some modestly sweet bank without messing with the bank computer, but defeats the purpose when all other money-related uses of ID cards are blocked behind PINs.

Even if this changes, IMO, there should be more ways to rob other players blind without hoping they've still got their spawn cash in their pocket and they're unconscious/braindead. This is wandering a bit afield from the topic, but maybe have a way to hack/phish for PINs with email? It should be enough effort that people can't rob the station any easier than the bank computer (though that's pretty damn easy to rob if you're good at getting head-access IDs), but not so much effort that nobody bothers.
Snap there's no edit function that I can find but looking at other threads some dude suggested folding Add-Note and Note into PDAs to make them more useful and that'd mean you have a way to steal PINs because the note system automatically records it. And thinking a bit more I suppose it'd discourage keeping the same PIN for convenience once you get robbed a few times but isn't that what happens IRL anyway
atomic1fire Wrote:These are good ideas. But I think a "Send money to shipping" button would be good as well.

Allow them to contribute money to the shipping fund with the expectation that they can spend it on crates later.
(or just save the shipping budget)

Wouldn't it be better if you just went to qm and purchase something via the qm computer?
Perhaps get rid of qm computer all together, and just integrate into ATM's. *gasp*
So like there's a list of things to buy, you select one, it automatically buy's it, then you select a destination.(passing the budget --> waiting for the QM to buy -->Crate)
The crate arrives, with a destination tagged to it. The qm then sends it to the destination. This would make qm a very busy place, more like a post office.

mozi Wrote:yes plz

Yes.

Geo Wrote:Why not make ATMs also cover things like updating medical records along with your insurance. You can check your medical record and maybe if you pay a fee let them scan you to update information allowing doctors to see if you have anything that could need fixing.

Or anything to make medical records useful.

Honestly, if blood implants were fixed (there a little bit broken at the moment) doctors could implant people for a price as a premium insurance. The Med-U medical record programme on the pda would then beep if said person is severely injured or ailed.

Daeren Wrote:Medical insurance for medbots is an amazingly cruel solution to medbots rendering doctors irrelevant and I love it, but the price should be at least fixed within a certain range so they don't scalp like motherfuckers. Would the money go into the RD's pocket, or back into the station budget's, or vanish, or what? The security one I can see getting abused quickly, especially if there's a way to make it so the fine goes into the officer's pocket, which I can't say I'd mind much as there needs to be more graft in security.

It would work the same way the geneticists do, medical doctors would get a slice. What I mean by a slice is that everytime someone pays towards the medical insurance, that money goes towards the budget, but MD's payroll rises by a %.
These are all excellent ideas.