Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Chemistry Thread (Cogwerks)
Another idea: a truth serum, that when injected forces the person to tell the truth for a few seconds.

The serum would work similarly to the mindslave implant, in that if the guy refuses to cooperate, the chemist can adminhelp it.

If it is too powerful, the truth serum could be a traitor-only item. Another option is to make it so that an injected person cannot lie, but is free to ignore questions, or give misleading but factually correct answers.
Another thing that could be fun to add: the fake death pill, which makes the taker of the pill act as if they are dead. People observing the body would see that the taker is "limp and unresponsive, a dull lifeless look in his eyes.". After a few moments, the taker would just return to life, unharmed.

You could also make it so that doctors can diagnose the body and be able to tell if the person is faking death - that would make medics are bit more useful.
RedbeardRum Wrote:
Ronnyfire Wrote:On another (pretty dumb) note i have in my mind, make people be able to be area of effect carriers of chems. that is to say, add a chem that you can inject into someone to make them disperse all chems in them around them in a small area.

I have a fantastic idea for chemicals - rather than have chemicals like that, make farting disperse chemicals which're in your bloodstream around you. Or, failing that, have farting in someone's mouth transfer chemicals into them. This way, if you had prions in your bloodstream, you could push someone over, fart in their face, and give them kuru too! I'm sure Boeggles would enjoy that.

Best idea ever.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Given that he got namebanned for that kind of thing being accepted by the crew because of his name, that is a sure way to never have your idea done.
you're no fun. Don't lose hope just yet!
I do like the idea of lasting effects which have to be cleaned up. And have the same support for forbidden reagent.

That + unstable mutagen = Cluwne?
atomic1fire Wrote:Also, If Chemistry reactions can be made dangerous, Research should probably have more atmospherics and cleanup tools, because who wants to leak all the toxic radium gas out of chemistry and be responsible for a sudden blindness epidemic when they were trying to make unobtainium (just an example idea), also privacy shutters should also be used to prevent heat spillage from napalm/sudden flaming plasma clouds.

I love this idea a whole damn lot. Supposedly there are some reactions that are already supposed to be dangerous to the chemist (polytrinic acid, others) but I don't think that function is working as intended. More would be great though.

I'm thinking a whole bunch of bad effects, like acid vapor, liberated toxins that damage from contact or breathing, exploding beaker shards flying around, beakers bubbling over onto your hand if you mix a volatile mixture while holding the beakers, exothermic reactions burning you if you're holding the beaker... some of those could make droppers and syringes a lot more useful again.
I'm all for that.
Plus, you could run up to a person and say "Yo! Mix these 2 beakers in your hands and you get SUPER BAKED!" and have them explode in a ball of fire from mixing the two.
DoctorDoodler Wrote:Plus, you could run up to a person and say "Yo! Mix these 2 beakers in your hands and you get SUPER BAKED!" and have them explode in a ball of fire from mixing the two.

People have been doing that with the napalm recipe for years.
Continuing on from my idea about buffing farts, I have a few more ideas.
If you change it so that chemicals react while inside someone, you could have smoke powder be ejected through farts, making it fart smoke. Pointless? maybe, until you hear my second idea: When they fart a particular type of smoke, they get propelled forwards, similar to rocket shoes. And fart propulsion has limitless potential!
Only if farting napalm smoke leaves the message "____ just farted fire" or something.
RedbeardRum Wrote:Continuing on from my idea about buffing farts, I have a few more ideas.
If you change it so that chemicals react while inside someone, you could have smoke powder be ejected through farts, making it fart smoke. Pointless? maybe, until you hear my second idea: When they fart a particular type of smoke, they get propelled forwards, similar to rocket shoes. And fart propulsion has limitless potential!
And monkies should be able to shit laserbeams and throw deadly banana bombs.
Yeah, this is getting rapidly stupid.
Cogwerks Wrote:Yeah, this is getting rapidly stupid.
It's a thread about giving chemistry things. People tend to throw in various shit ideas, then you get a few gems like the idea to give traitor scientists that "Make this shit more deadly" chem. If they didn't already have so many options to choose from, that'd be great. But honestly, people only ever want more things to kill people with from Chem. I personally think it'd be cool to have some chems that do interesting things that aren't necessarily fucking killtacular.
Eh, fine, since you guys apparently don't like my idea of making farts more useful, here're some less farty ideas:
  • Have some chemicals which release a particular type of gas. Could be helpful for restoring oxygen to a room that was previously open to space. I'm assuming this'd be an on-mixture thing, unless they were made with that stablizer, in which case, they'd probably be activated by being heated, or more interestingly, upon being uh, splashed/sprayed, meaning you could make oxygen-spray, which would be.. uh, interesting, I guess. The engineers might like it. I'm also assuming that it wouldn't be particularly potent - it'd be bad if a scientist could go around the station filling it with huge amounts of plasma (without dragging a canister around, that is). When I was imagining the spray, I imagined the engineer spraying it for a minute or so to get it back to normal levels. Though if it was both smokeable and sprayable, maybe the smoke'd be more potent?
  • If inaprovaline & dylovene were brewable in chemistry, that'd make a lot of the beneficial things easier, and wouldn't force the scientists to burn their way into medbay every round. Alternatively, in the new map, if there is going to be one at any point, perhaps if botany/chemistry/medbay were close together, so that the botanists would consider growing shit for them?
  • The ability to line disposal pipes, units, and closets with chemicals, transfering small amounts of the chemicals to people who're inside of them/traveling through them.
  • A personal request - more annoyingly complicated recipes like Grog. It's always fun spending days trying to figure them out! With a couple of hints, though. eg. A chemical, that when combined with working stable mutagen, would guarantee superpowers if the SE being transferred to the person has any superpower blocks activated.

On the topic of spraying, as far as I am aware, you can't really spray any beneficial chemicals on anyone, so they're limited to hurting & annoying people. I'm sure people would go out of their ways to make 'healing sprays', rather than 'death sprays', if they could. I used to, anyway.

Also: If electricians could build shower heads, I'm sure that would aid chemists.
RedbeardRum Wrote:[*]If inaprovaline & dylovene were brewable in chemistry, that'd make a lot of the beneficial things easier, and wouldn't force the scientists to burn their way into medbay every round. Alternatively, in the new map, if there is going to be one at any point, perhaps if botany/chemistry/medbay were close together, so that the botanists would consider growing shit for them?

When I'm botanist I don't mind making herbs-- you get a fantastic return per seed-- it's just that the process of turning them into medicine and delivering them is a pain. A few little changes could help-- giving botany a Chemmaster to make bottles & allowing botany the ability to dump a satchel into the extractor to mass extract, just to take a few steps of tedium out. Then, some better method of delivering to chem (since there's no simple way to get there). Alternatively, giving chem an extractor and letting them extract from the leaves, since they have many more beakers.

Quote:
  • A personal request - more annoyingly complicated recipes like Grog. It's always fun spending days trying to figure them out! With a couple of hints, though. eg. A chemical, that when combined with working stable mutagen, would guarantee superpowers if the SE being transferred to the person has any superpower blocks activated.

let's hope if more complicated stuff is added it doesn't bring back the obnoxious cliquishness of old chem. already some scientists have become real dicks to everyone else in pursuit of grog