Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Chemistry Thread (Cogwerks)
I've been meaning to set up a Chemistry 101 book in-game with most of the safe useful recipes in it, I'll get around to doing that sometime.
Can you please include the new plant nutrient types?
Artifact Canceling Goo:

Splash it on the artifact and it turns the artifact off.

Yes it's based impart on the purple goo from warehouse 13, but I think having a universal artifact off switch available to chemistry would be useful.
bladex454 Wrote:There should be less harm/help in chemistry and more of a multi usage thing going on. Can't really describe it at the moment.

Like using space lube to make cyborgs go faster, strange reagent to neutralize skeletons, or bath salts and krokodil as trade goods at the diner, or hairgrownium to help the barber in some way (no one ever plays barber lol)?

unrelated: If you put multiple beakers into a mail chute the reagents should spill and mix (kind of like how the mail chute ruins produce that isn't in a satchel). Put 2 beakers with the ingredients for smoke in one end, smoke and 2 empty beakers come out the other. If you want to avoid this effect for any reason you can send bottles instead.

Also, about the metal foam problem, metal foam should be clearable with welders or mining tools, so it's only purpose is to plug leaks in the station. If people want to grief then space lube/stable mutagen is funnier anyway.
atomic1fire Wrote:Artifact Canceling Goo:

Splash it on the artifact and it turns the artifact off.

Yes it's based impart on the purple goo from warehouse 13, but I think having a universal artifact off switch available to chemistry would be useful.
Good idea.

Or how about the opposite too?

Artifact activating Goo.
That would be too OP.

As it stands, the fun part is discovering what makes the Artifact tick, then what it does.

The less fun part, is a artifact that takes a while to turn off, and instantly turns into a deathtrap because someone turned it on at the worst possible moment and nobody can turn it off.

Having a goo that turns artifacts off completely, so they stay deactivated is good, having a goo that basically lets people skip the discovery process, not so much.
No the fun part is activating the artifact and realizing that that was a terrible idea and oh god it burns
The fun part is accidentally clicking yourself with an artifact and finding out it was a super-robust melee weapon.