Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Blood samples
In accordance with new NanoTransen policy 149982-3, all personnel must submit a blood sample before arriving at the station. 

My suggestion here is to have a blood sample vendor stashed in medbay somewhere of all crew members blood.  All it should have is 1 syringe filled with x crew member's blood, and have new syringes added for late joiners like how the genetics console updates stored dna for late joiners.

This would allow traitors to hide their identity if they can get to it/get stable mutagen

This would allow medbay to revert changes made to people who have been dna stung or stable mutagened into shitty bill for the upteenth time, or folks polymorphed and changed into a cloned monkey can now have their looks and original name returned.

It could also be used to make monkey clone npcs of people.  I'm unsure as well as I haven't learned pathology yet but maybe it could add to that system as well?

I currently cannot think of a decent way to lock it down however, without making it useless on both sides, aside from just shoving it in pathology.

Sorry if this is a dumb idea, I just like having options to fix things.
Yeah this is good. There needs to be a way to undo it when some assha-COUGHMELODYHALFTONECOUGH- *ahem* decides to stable mutagen everyone they can into themselves literally every single round they play.
As for locking it down, maybe have the samples locked behind medical director access in an unhackable terminal, so the only way in is with a medical director/captain ID or an emag.
This would also make changeling rounds more interesting. The original sample could out the changeling, but could easily be tampered with to frame others.
I like this idea. And yeah, you should be able to hack it and swap people’s blood samples or replace them with vials full of hellchems.
I like the idea.

On that note I think it would be neat if you could swab/syringe blood stains on the floors/etc and check them for DNA in pathology. Maybe even allow people to compare blood samples that way using the blood vender. Insert slide into blood vender and it would tell you if the DNA matches.

An alternative to stealing detective's forensic scanner that just takes longer.
(01-16-2018, 05:27 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: This would also make changeling rounds more interesting. The original sample could out the changeling, but could easily be tampered with to frame others.

I don't think the blood samples should be able to show if someone is a changeling. Too much turbonerd potential. If you want to bloodtest someone, you need to manually draw their blood, which puts you at risk of being stung. For lore reasons we can say that a changeling snuck onto the station, absorbed someone, and assumed their identity after blood samples were taken but before the start of the shift.
(01-17-2018, 03:33 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 05:27 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: This would also make changeling rounds more interesting. The original sample could out the changeling, but could easily be tampered with to frame others.

I don't think the blood samples should be able to show if someone is a changeling. Too much turbonerd potential. If you want to bloodtest someone, you need to manually draw their blood, which puts you at risk of being stung. For lore reasons we can say that a changeling snuck onto the station, absorbed someone, and assumed their identity after blood samples were taken but before the start of the shift.

I would say their original blood sample should show. If they were to absorb someone and assume their identity, that sample would have been the original crewman's and show as clean.

They could, however, take someone's clean sample and contaminate it with their own blood to confuse things, or reliable them, or just wipe everything
Why not tie this in with the already existing crew DNA samples in genetics? Add a research that allows geneticists to create blood samples from the crew DNA.