Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A handful sprites by Danzer
Hard Boiled Wrote:This may be a bit much, but could you maybe sprite a simple triangle goatee and maybe an all black HoS hat? In game, my character has to go around with the wrong facial hair because we do not have the triangle goatee.
I'll see what I can do for you, first off, are you referring to a sort of Van Dyke'esque beard, but just the goatee?
Second, I'm not entirely certain how these sort of sprites are configured, are they just superimposed on the player character? Are they colored after entering the game, by gray-scale? Are they arranged in a grid or a gif where the frame decides what direction it's looking in?

I did this with the mannequin, and as a free floating beard:
[Image: vandyketestjustbeardi.png]
[Image: vandyketest.png]

Fill me in on the blank spots and I'll see if I can improve it.

Third, I did you a HoS helmet as well as a hat:
[Image: hosblackhelmet.png]
[Image: hosblackhat.png]
Yet again not entirely sure if it really syncs up with the actual character, is there any way to test alignment and such easily?
Next ones will probably be a lot of David Bowies, and the ultimate warrior.
Gotta say your sprites really fit in with the rest of the SS13 spriting.
You can download that one old version ofss13 and test your sprites using that. Just replace the sprite of an existing hat/gun/whatever with your sprite and see how it looks in-game
Weavel Wrote:Gotta say your sprites really fit in with the rest of the SS13 spriting.
Yeah, I'm sort of getting the hang of it by looking at the old sprites.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:You can download that one old version ofss13 and test your sprites using that. Just replace the sprite of an existing hat/gun/whatever with your sprite and see how it looks in-game
I'll try that, you don't need to recompile it or anything?

No Bowies yet, some more guns though:
The Lawgiver!
[Image: lawgiver.png][Image: lawgivermag.png]

This is mainly for a request thread I'll be starting later when I've gotten more into the community, my idea being that NanoTrasen essentially gets sick of having their precious stations exploded every hour and sends special anti-traitors (Not a unit specializing in exterminating traitors, but the actual antithesis of tratitors) whose job it is to make sure that even if the station blows, NanoTrasen ends up on top.

It could be considered as a hardcore mode for experienced players, you start off with a PDA and can order in supersecret stuff from Centcom in order to complete your objective, with ridiculous objective like "Everyone must leave alive on the shuttle", "Not a single crew-member must be incapacitated", "The engine must produce a certain amount of watt-hours", "Ensure the peace is kept", "Ensure that the stations budget reaches a certain amount of cash", "Ensure every dead crew-member gets his last rites", "Ensure everyone at the end of the round is above 80% health", "The station must run for 90 minutes".

Note that these objectives might not always benefit the crew, or might contradict each other, for some great fun!

The lawgiver would be a Sec anti-traitor job only item with all the Dredd functions!
That sounds exactly like T.U.R.D.S, which were a special unit sent out specifically to fight traitors. It really sucks in practice, but the sprites are always welcome.

You should take a look in Sundance's martian thread, there are a few ideas in that which have yet to be sprited I think.
That gun would actually be a far better sprite for the Advanced Laser Gun than the ancient one in use currently, actually.
I'm done with the Bowies!

[Image: labyrinthsuit.png]

[Image: thinwhitemansuit.png]

The Thin White Duke David Bowie, comes with accessories!
[Image: thinwhiteduke.png]
[Image: whitebag.png][Image: whitelines.png]
Instructions: Use ID card on bag, use money stack to take a sniff.

Labyrinth David Bowie:
[Image: labyrinthbowie.png]

Diamond Dogs David Bowie:
[Image: diamonddogsbowie.png]

I'd like to make this into a four Bowies of the apocalypse, but couldn't think of another bowie.
[Image: ultimatewarrioer.png]
YOU REALIZE, SPACE STATION, THAT BY CONVENTIONAL MEANS THE ROCKET SHIP WILL ONLY LIFT ON THE PAD WHEN THE SELF-DESTRUCTION OF MARTIAN SAUSAGE PEOPLE IS COMPLETE IN FIVE FULL MOONS, SPACE STATION, SKROOONK!

MASSIVE MEN IN TIGHT PANTS WILL DO BATTLE, ONLY THE ULTIMATE WARRIOER MAY WIN.
Some mildly spooky raincoats.
[Image: raincoatgreen.png]
[Image: raincoatgrey.png]
[Image: raincoat.png]

Slightly fixed version of the ultimate warrior, got the tassels on the west facing sprite wrong, and we can't have that, right?
[Image: ultimatewarrioer.png]
A nameless antagonist, as well as a Stalker inspired russian gas mask.
[Image: raincoatguy.png]
[Image: gasmaskgo.png]
Wow man! I totally forgot about my request, but you did an amazing job! It all looks amazing, and the HoS helmet is stellar! I like the goatee, seeing as how if any coder decides to put it into the game, I can finally achieve my true form. The hat it pretty spiffy and the Bowies are silly, in a good way! Keep up the amazing work! You got talent and it shows in full HD color!
New gun, inspired by a weapon from Transmetropolitan!
I thought of it as a replacement for the advanced laser traitor item.

This is how I've imaged the gun to actually look. While functional, doesn't really indicate that it can be used since it lacks a barrel.
[Image: transgun1.png]
This version looks slightly more threatening, might be the 'Activated' stage of the gun.
[Image: transgun2.png]
Holographic ammo display!
[Image: transgun3.png]
Actually animated display.
[Image: WjDuvHD.gif]
Something seems to have happened to some of the colors and transparencies when uploaded to imgur, but it'll have to suffice as I can upload it if needed.
Danzer Wrote:[Image: transgun1.png]
[Image: transgun2.png]
[Image: transgun3.png]
[Image: WjDuvHD.gif].

It's a little hard to tell what this item is at first glance. I like the one on the bottom best because it's less 'sky blue', but maybe it could use a visible trigger or something to reinforce the fact that yes, it is a gun.

Also, I don't think gradients really 'fit' with the rest of the art we have in the game. I think it might be best if you could incorporate the charge of the gun into the sprite somehow.
ay bro nice sprites.
If ya need any help with anything don't be afraid to ask, I've be doing sprites for a long time now and I pretty much fly through them with photoshop. Transforming, lighting effects, colour change, w/e.
Danzer Wrote:Something seems to have happened to some of the colors and transparencies when uploaded to imgur, but it'll have to suffice as I can upload it if needed.

It's the .gif, not imgur.
Gif format can't recognise transparencies on a blank background.
So if your transparency is at 0-49% then it will appear completely transparent
If the image is 51%-100%, then it will appear completely opaque.
(note if the transparency is on a coloured backgrounds this won't be an issue)
It sucks, as do alot of things about .gif do.