Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Things you miss in Goon.
(01-19-2018, 03:01 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 02:28 PM)cyberTripping Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 02:15 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Have the rules really changed at all since 2009? If so I've have not noticed at all. What's so strict about them now?

Admins dont let you throw around slurs against lgbt people or bully the differently abled anymore. I think this is a good thing.

It was like the when I started playing.

idk, dumb pubbies / pubbie tears / etc paint a slightly different story (from some actual players not the target of the pubbie mocking I mean)
I don't know, one of my first bans was me saying a bad word and getting slapped with a two week ban for it cause I was dumb and did not read the rules back in 2009. I've come a long way don't judge me.
I think baba was talking more about the chaos and violence of goonstation. See anybody get spaced for being an asshole recently? It's like you have to murder half the station before most people are comfortable in killing you. Though admins had a part in the change, it mostly came from the receding population.

A positive side-effect is that it's less cliquish. I avoided this game for years due to the cliques and what looked like admin favoritism. I always seem to get fought on that, but it's just how it looked from the outside. Like some weird, really fucked up highschool.
cliques? on a goon-related server? color me surprised. back then i remember friends getting banned because they slighted someone who were friends with admins

that aside one of my first and strongest memories of this game was when i encountered the chef and we got into a fight over something, and spent 5 or so minutes in a desperate struggle slipping in puddles of blood, vomit, shit, and piss before i finally got stuffed into the gibber
I mean when you want a danwich you want a danwich. I am the chef!
I miss being surprised. Nowadays that doesn't happen unless a whole bunch of people dedicate themselves to role-playing someone else's gimmick through to the end. 9/10 times I see someone trying to do something original they get stomped out by a power gaming Sec Officer or Staff Assistant
Just wanted to say I found Loser_Chunt, He's mentoring on that WW2 server
i miss all of you!
(02-10-2018, 02:32 AM)Souricelle Wrote: i miss all of you!

Come back to ussssss
this game is a lot less competitive nowadays if that makes any sense
I miss that you could have 90% cold resist and be alright in space or at least avoid slow down for sometime. Even with 98% cold resist if you do not have a space suit you get slowed and hurt from the cold cold empty space. RIP robes.
I miss when winter coats were not nerfed.
When syringe guns just spawned in the medbay and weren't an antag item.
Any aspect of the game you can think of, people play it too safe now. No one can have a bad time. Everyone expects things to be given to them because they are given it. I wish coders and players would experiment more and crazy Byond things would happen, not everything has to be easy and accessible for everyone. It's okay for peoples rounds to be ruined by unimaginable code horrors or rampaging macho men, especially since antag tokens have been around forever. Cute animal sprites and related are fawned over but a giant pile of ideas goes without really being seen by anyone. Coders are volunteers so it's not their fault, though.
No offense.
Yeah, reinforcing what others sorta said, is that I miss the raw chaos. People were unhinged and looking for any justification to murder people, because it was basically just a vidya game. No one trusted anyone, and traitors were so prone to mass murder that everyone was a force of nature in their own right just to survive.

Basically, it was Hippie station minus all the weird nasty slime that is hippie station culture.