Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOTKEY - Toggle Throw
Just a new hotkey to toggle the ability to throw while on the go.

I had a previous round as a Syndicate operative making a last stand on the escape shuttle with a tactical grenade kit. It's super fun to set EVERYONE on fire, but throwing shouldn't be so cumbersome. Something like the NUM PAD + would be super due to its location near PgDown so you can activate and throw real fast!
I'm pretty sure activated grenades throw automatically when you activate them, like the beach ball
They do not. Imagine the terror on my face when I tried to throw my activated grenade and it blew be up. Also, I like the idea. I always thought there was one already, and I did not know it. + button is nice, but I have a laptop. Would still be nice.
1) set throw intent
2) activate
3) click screen

There you go.
No, he doesn't mean that by activating the grenade you automatically throw it. He means that by clicking somewhere when holding a grenade in your hand, you will automatically activate and throw it. It works, that's how I throw grenades, because otherwise you blow yourself up like a dumb.
Even though you can still throw grenades and beach balls by clicking on a tile, what about every other item? It might make things like using bowling balls or the butcher knife quite a bit easier, but they probably shouldn't be hard to use in the first place just because of the throw UI button.

Also, do we even have room for this hotkey? Home, End, Pgup and Pgdn are already taken.
MyBlueCorners Wrote:Even though you can still throw grenades and beach balls by clicking on a tile, what about every other item? It might make things like using bowling balls or the butcher knife quite a bit easier, but they probably shouldn't be hard to use in the first place just because of the throw UI button.

Also, do we even have room for this hotkey? Home, End, Pgup and Pgdn are already taken.
I don't think one of those is taken, actually. I know for a fact that pressing one of the buttons makes you move diagonally and down, and since the "hotkeys" are actually just edited out diagonal movement buttons, i think there's room for one more hotkey.
just doublechecked, the untaken hotkey slot is "end"
UrsulaMejor Wrote:just doublechecked, the untaken hotkey slot is "end"

Isn't "End" the "inexplicably run diagonally down and to the left quickly" hotkey? Not that anything is wrong with getting rid of that in favor of a throw hotkey.
Fuck it lets just remove the UI and have all hot keys yeah
Yes, the amount of times I clicked a flash-bang, while running, then franticly clicking the throw button only for it to not register, then it blowing up in my face
if you get rid of diagonal left/down i will lose the sliver of robusting skill I have. this idea is cool but please please please do not get rid of diagonal left/down.
Sundance Wrote:Yes, the amount of times I clicked a flash-bang, while running, then franticly clicking the throw button only for it to not register, then it blowing up in my face
just click the throw button first, jeez Sundance.

I always set my throw intent before I even take the grenade out of my backpack, so that no one knows I'm getting ready to throw one. After that, it's just activate+click. And if i decided to change my mind about throwing it, simply clicking anywhere on the screen with an empty hand will toggle off the throw
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:Yes, the amount of times I clicked a flash-bang, while running, then franticly clicking the throw button only for it to not register, then it blowing up in my face

I always set my throw intent before I even take the grenade out of my backpack, so that no one knows I'm getting ready to throw one. After that, it's just activate+click. And if i decided to change my mind about throwing it, simply clicking anywhere on the screen with an empty hand will toggle off the throw
Or just re-clicking the throw button
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:

Or just re-clicking the throw button
Why would I reclick the throw button when I can just click wherever my cursor happens to be at the moment?