Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future cloning.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:How about we do this: Cloned bodies are super easy to make. Like, easy-bake oven style. Just click a button on a machine, body pops out. However, it's just a generic body. If you want to be able to clone someone, you need their DNA. Geneticist takes the body to the DNA modifier, and if they have the right strand of DNA they can alter the body to become that person. If the DNA is right, then when they put the body in the Vita-Booth and flip the switch, the surge of electricity sucks the ghost into the new body, and the person steps out, fully cloned.

However, if there's no body to scan but you know someone is dead and have a sample, there's a trick for that too! You can stick that in the DNA Viewer, and figure out the important bits on the UI/UE strands. A little time and finesse in the DNA modifier, and you can try to brute-force a genome close enough for their ghost to reintegrate with the body. Better hope you didn't fuck up, though, or you might just revive the changeling that was just gibbed. Or the ghost of Shitty Bill.
That sounds like what I was trying to say, except I didn't explain it very well.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Or just hand them a pen and have them write it down.

How about we do this: Cloned bodies are super easy to make. Like, easy-bake oven style. Just click a button on a machine, body pops out. However, it's just a generic body. If you want to be able to clone someone, you need their DNA. Geneticist takes the body to the DNA modifier, and if they have the right strand of DNA they can alter the body to become that person. If the DNA is right, then when they put the body in the Vita-Booth and flip the switch, the surge of electricity sucks the ghost into the new body, and the person steps out, fully cloned.

However, if there's no body to scan but you know someone is dead and have a sample, there's a trick for that too! You can stick that in the DNA Viewer, and figure out the important bits on the UI/UE strands. A little time and finesse in the DNA modifier, and you can try to brute-force a genome close enough for their ghost to reintegrate with the body. Better hope you didn't fuck up, though, or you might just revive the changeling that was just gibbed. Or the ghost of Shitty Bill.

I mean, I understand the thing about forensics, but I think there's other ways you can work to improve that job. Trying to gimp cloning (which can ruin the round for a shitton of people) to improve forensics (Which only has one person playing the job) kind of seems like a raw deal. This change would make cloning a more in-depth process, require a bit of skill with the job to do, and provide an outlet for those with a lot of skill and time to try and revive lost causes. Plus it adds in the all-important element of "If you fuck up, a naked man with a toolbox will bash your head in."

Suddenly, ghost science.