Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Last Words System
Often when i'm dying in say a hospital bed or in front of a witness I want to let off a one liner before kicking it or letting people know not to clone me because I have to go but can't because my character is gasping like a bad soap opera actor at the top of Mount Everest. This system would be like the new call shuttle reason but instead when you type succumb you may add a short string of words, say with a 15 word limit. This would allow people to perhaps give off a fun quote or a final request and would likely make dying a tad more fun and dramatic.
(01-08-2018, 10:35 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Often when i'm dying in say a hospital bed or in front of a witness I want to let off a one liner before kicking it or letting people know not to clone me because I have to go but can't because my character is gasping like a bad soap opera actor at the top of Mount Everest.

Set DNR causes people to put you in, get told they can't for some reason, and then gib you in the reclaimer.

Anywho, while I get it can be interesting, it feels abusable since people's last words can be "*insert first name* did it".

I mean like, they'll be ratting you out when you get cloned but you'd be surprised how much damage someone can do in a couple minutes.

Minor issue though.  Last words would always be "Fuck the police".
I'd rather remove the annoying thing that erases what you're writing in the bottom chat box when you pass out. It's so annoying to be typing something only for it to be removed a 5th time. Just let me type it and slur it beyond recognition if that's necessary.
i think tg has a last word system, but it has to be set in advance, like you can set it any time but if you die within less than 5 minutes of any last word things, they're invalid and it goes to the last valid one
b-HRRRRRRK
bor---HNGGGGGGGH
*gasps*
bbbbooooorrrrrgggg m---HNNGH
Quote:Jack Jackson gasps: "Bring back poo..."
Jack Jackson seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless...
(01-08-2018, 12:21 PM)Technature Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 10:35 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Often when i'm dying in say a hospital bed or in front of a witness I want to let off a one liner before kicking it or letting people know not to clone me because I have to go but can't because my character is gasping like a bad soap opera actor at the top of Mount Everest.

Set DNR causes people to put you in, get told they can't for some reason, and then gib you in the reclaimer.

Anywho, while I get it can be interesting, it feels abusable since people's last words can be "*insert first name* did it".

I mean like, they'll be ratting you out when you get cloned but you'd be surprised how much damage someone can do in a couple minutes.

Minor issue though.  Last words would always be "Fuck the police".

In this case it would be a good idea to add a rule against specifying the names or job of a killer but in those cases it's more than likely only the killer would hear his last words unless he is in public ( a bad place to discretely kill your target). I can say from personal experience antags prefer to finish off their target before they leave to prevent a possible escape or cloning so there's very few times when the man will be able to give off names to a witness
(01-08-2018, 02:47 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: i think tg has a last word system, but it has to be set in advance, like you can set it any time but if you die within less than 5 minutes of any last word things, they're invalid and it goes to the last valid one

TGs system works like this. When you are in deep crit you can whisper and you will say it without dying but doing that kills you right there.
(01-08-2018, 12:43 PM)Haprenti Wrote: I'd rather remove the annoying thing that erases what you're writing in the bottom chat box when you pass out. It's so annoying to be typing something only for it to be removed a 5th time. Just let me type it and slur it beyond recognition if that's necessary.

Holy shit this please.