Mentor and HOS Application: Peacekeeper Pete
Pete, I think Preid's original post wasn't exactly fair, but while Preid has acted humbly and apologized for where he was wrong, he's still got a point to bring up and has full right to do so.
Meanwhile, just there in your most recent post you're saying he holds grudges, calling him a "hater" and pretty much shitting on him as an AI. He's not "flooding" your application, he's given a genuine reason for you not to be a HoS, and I'm leaning towards his side at the moment; you're not reacting in any reasonable way, you're getting upset about it and that is not a good trait to have as a HoS.

You don't have to react with shitting on someone's abilities or gameplay when they give an example of you being bad. He's pinpointed the parts he doesn't agree with, and he's admitted his own faults in that round, but you're not giving any leeway for a discussion.
Okay, the way you reacted towards someone who had a perfectly reasonable complaint against you, and the fact you ignored the template to post a poem without even showing any comprehension of the responsibilities you are applying for it is pretty clear you are not qualified for any official position of authority. P.S there is a reason why there is a template you are supposed to follow, I have no problem with the poem, but you have to show that you understand the role.
Disarming sec as non sec isn't an issue, and neither is trying to talk your way out of it when fail at doing so. Three minutes is a little bit excessive for disarming an officer, unless there were mitigating circumstances.

Pete, please keep in mind that Preid had just admitted that the freezing and then teleporting incident was not your doing. Preid's only remaining criticism is your reluctance to take your lumps for getting caught for the disarming attempt; purely an attitude thing.
People who disarm officers In order to "teach them a lesson" probably shouldn't be a hos.

We're currently experiencing a disturbing number of mentors/heads of security who are being bad examples in respectful play, and this its a significant warning sign.

My vote is no at this time.

(really loved the poem, though)
IDK, I've never seen Peacekeeper do anything over the line, plus he's p cool, so I say yes.
his poem was so great
and ive seen him kick ass in game
honestly, it's not hard to see,
oddball says yes to: peacekeeper pete.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:People who disarm officers In order to "teach them a lesson" probably shouldn't be a hos.

I completely, absolutely, totally, and without hesitation disagree. Part of the role of he HoS is to be able to make sure the nuckleheads that are supposed to be under your command have some vague idea as to how to do their job in a way that isn't terrible.

I, and most of the other HoSes have done this very act hundreds of times to show those red suited goofballs that brandishing their weapons for no good reason is the easiest way to get them stolen, turned around on the jerk brandishing, and in the worst circumstance get them killed.

The question by no means should be whether he were disarming them so as to "teach them a lesson" as it were whether or not he went and did a number of terrible things with the weapon he stole from them right after. As for respectful play; you're a fart-jerk-doofus and your poo probably lacks stench.

As to Pete's attitude; as far as I've seen he's not a "win-LordE" when he plays as sec. He doesn't go around with the sole goal to murder all the bad guys 5 minutes in, and doesn't go around looking to smash the skull of the lovable clown for slipping on bananas. So he got thrown in the brig and cried about it. Can anyone here (who's played for a significant frame of time) say they've never done the same, even once?

I have never seen Prospector Pete and Peacekeeper Pete on at the same time and just assumed that they were the same person. I don't recall any time I have ever seen either of them do anything genuinely terrible in such that I would suggest their not being HoS material. While I wouldn't always agree with Pete when he's playing sec, I can count on him to put on a good show and be reasonable/unreasonable in such a way that fits with the ss13 atmosphere.

So, with that; P.P. for HoS 2013!
Lacking an edit button, I forgot to mention that "It's a shame the poem didn't follow the format."
I've played a few more rounds with Peacekeeper Pete and I'm fairly certain that the incident that I had with him was an isolated case. I think I'm going to go ahead and amend my previous vote to a yes for now.
If you're enough of a chump to run around with a taser or a baton out while not actively pursuing people, you deserve every single disarm you get.

Encouraging an active culture of weapons discipline as a security officer is absolutely necessary and makes it so anyone that plays security knows the risks that come with having a taser or a stun baton. It makes them think twice before deploying the weapon and it makes security guards over all more fun to play with. Frankly, if they did run around with batons out then it would be concerning since it means to me that those batons will immediately be proliferated because disarming people is trivial.

That said, I haven't actually seen too many security officers run around with their weapons in hand and I haven't seen any particular case of Pete doing it himself. If he did, then he's only doing the station and the community a favour.
Wonkmin Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:People who disarm officers In order to "teach them a lesson" probably shouldn't be a hos.

We're currently experiencing a disturbing number of mentors/heads of security who are being bad examples in respectful play, and this its a significant warning sign.

Anyone else experienced him doing this?

Actually uh yeah, from a few days ago.
I was outside the Bar, guy with a red chainsaw inside, and Pete started disarming me for my baton. I was afterwards killed by a cloaked dude.

I talked to Pete in deadchat, and he said he wanted to get a fart in, but he ran off with the baton still. I started pointing towards the Sec sticky, but to be honest he acted as if he didn't know about it.
Afterwards he did apologize and I had forgotten about it, but yeah, that really wasn't cool.
I mean, whether or not Pete was doing this before, I bet he sure as hell ain't doing it now! v
I think that was Prospector Pete Weavel, I don't remember doing that. We are not the same person, we just ended up picking similar names!
No man, I don't think so to be honest. Had the yellow hair.
Jerkface00 Wrote:
As for respectful play; you're a fart-jerk-doofus and your poo probably lacks stench.
I'm sure Peacekeeper Pete is so proud to be represented by people such as you.

An HoS disarming a new officer in the safety of Security in order to genuinely teach a valuable lesson is extremely different than a random assistant disarming you in the middle of a hallway, taking your baton, and being a real asshole about it while screaming "PUT YOUR BATON AWAY! YOU ARE BAD SECURITY! SHITCURITY!!!"

While those are two different extremes, and none of those ever actually happen, this situation that occurred is much closer to the latter than the former. Go read the security crackdown thread. Random assistants disarming security in order to teach them a lesson is no longer to be tolerated, and on that note, I am not tolerating it in this situation.

It's a hard pill for me to swallow, too. I'm guilty of doing it in the past, like anyone else. But to be honest, I can totally see where security is coming from on the issue, and I agree that it really isn't a civil way to play. And honestly, we don't need to respect each other, but I do believe that it behooves us to act with a certain sense of civility.

And I think Mentors should be examples of civil behavior for others to emulate. It's like a babysitter. Do you want your babysitter teaching your kids to smoke weed when you're not around?

It is for this reason that I don't believe Peacekeeper Pete is ready to be a HoS. None of us are perfect, but his attitude isn't suited for the job of being an example to other players.