Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor DNA stinging a cyborg as a ling still charges you the DNA points
If you try DNA stinging a borg as a changeling (I misclicked, sue me), the game says "apparently that does not hold reagents", gives you a failure message, and charges you 4 DNA points anyway.
i mean, realistically you could still splash genetic soup at a toaster and you're not getting that back, regardless of whether or not it bears your name. sounds like a feature.
It's way too easy to accidentally click on a cyborg due to lag or in a fight or something though.
The sting would not even break the metal shell a Borg has. Sounds like a oversight to me
Seems silly to punish for a potential mis-click. It should display a message saying that the sting failed to penetrate the cyborg or something like that and keep the DNA points.

MAYBE let the cyborg get a message that it thought it felt something? Really big maybe, since this seems like the potential thing for people to get powergamey with though.
"Your DNA sample has been added to the cyborg's storage reserves"
Drape some skin on the borg, like when you come fresh outta a borging artifactl, and change it's name to Almost/Sorta/Nearly (whover you stung it as).
(01-09-2018, 01:59 AM)Cyfarfod Wrote: Drape some skin on the borg, like when you come fresh outta a borging artifactl, and change it's name to Almost/Sorta/Nearly (whover you stung it as).

I like this idea much better.
We discretely sting Cyborg-Alpha-42.
Cyborg-Alpha-42 grows a bunch of hair. Ew.