Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Pods shooting themselves
During use of an Industrial Pod on the LLJK1 Destiny server, on occasion the pods plasma cutters would fire both ahead and into itself, dealing large amounts of damage to the pod, which I now have to repair every so often. There may be a possible connection between holding one of the movement keys and firing, so have a look at that while you attempt to fix this, PM or email me if you have questions regarding specific circumstances.
Related: this also happens with tasers and lasers, making it possible to run into your own taser bolts. Which sucks.
The long awaited feature of being able to suicide as a pod has finally been implemented.
ill fix this
I believe this generally has to do with slow connections or/and quick movement speed, though projectiles in general need an entire re-work.
i can't trigger this. maybe things have changed since the code leak. projectiles have a 'shooter' var associated with the firing entity used to prevent you from shooting yourself

[Image: 5NPOgRa.png]

i confirmed this on a test server. the above case correctly handles it
I see this happen on LLJK 2, very rarely, but if the server is lagging pretty badly sometimes projectiles will lag behind which causes 1 of them to occasionally become stationary and then you can walk into it and get hit.
(01-04-2018, 12:27 PM)Drago156 Wrote: I see this happen on LLJK 2, very rarely, but if the server is lagging pretty badly sometimes projectiles will lag behind which causes 1 of them to occasionally become stationary and then you can walk into it and get hit.

i've tried to recreate this contingency with no luck -- if anyone knows a quick way to trigger this bug let me know, i can't really begin to fix it without knowing the cause.
!!! fix maybe

click: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid...#pid114025