Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Get Dat Fukkin Disk 2 : The second one
Merry Christmas...

...Oh wait, shit, that was like...a week ago.  Uuuuuuhhhhhh...

Happy new year.  What's great for Christmas new year?  Christmas New years presents, that's what.  And what's better than a game?

Well, like...some clothes to stave the cold off I guess.

Well, too bad, this is what you're getting this year.  Anywho, it's about time we get a sequel going.  For those not in the know.

(08-14-2017, 01:47 PM)Technature Wrote: Nuke Ops are trying to blow up the station.  Stop it from happening/make sure it goes off without a hitch.

Rules are simple.  Post what you're trying to do and you'll get a random number.  Horrifying failure 1-6 Amazing success.  Certain factors (Like your job or current situations) can influence the result.  First post should indicate whether you're a nuke op or stationeer and, if a station worker, your jorb  (failure to do this will result in your random number determining how bad this is cause fuck it).  Normal game limitations apply (some exceptions may be made if a lot of people join in).  All Jobs, including Nuke Ops Commander, are first come, first serve.
One post is One minute.

Nukies require the Disk to arm the Nuke.  Should the disk be destroyed for any reason, a random location will be picked where the nuke can get armed without it (this location will be PM'd to the nuke team).

Let's get some things that I didn't think of til the previous game started real quick.

Can we assume people that join in after the minute has been summarized don't have knowledge of things that happened before so, and do we currently know there are Nuke Ops or is that a thing that still has to be discovered?
People that late join have no idea what's happening yet.  Furthermore, no one knows that Nukies are coming to blow you up.

You forgot something I specified wanting to do in my last post.  There's a 90% chance you rolled badly and this detail was left out intentionally as part of that failure.  The other 10% is I'm shit at running games and I'm sorry OKAY!?!

What map is this on?  I dunno fucking vote one if you're a start joiner or whatevr

I want to interact with x, but that job isn't controlled by a player yet.  What do?  For simplicity, the game will assume that NPCs exist in important roles.  Minor roles will simply not exist until someone fills it.

I'm a late joiner.  Where do I start?  Either on the arrival shuttle or your starting area, whichever you like more.  You will be forced on the arrival shuttle if your starting area is uninhabitable, however.

What does security level mean?  How panicked the station is right at the moment.  From blue to green, yellow, orange, and red, stationeers of interest will be allowed and eventually expected to deal with things in ways that may get them in trouble otherwise.  Anything can be considered important enough to raise the alarm, and heads or security can raise the security level at any time.  It should be noted that once a nuke is successfully reported and confirmed by security, security level will be permanently on nuclear.

Why was that last question given a long answer?  OH MY GOD GET OFF MY BACK MOM!

What does it mean that not picking my job on my first post will receive a random punishment?  1 = You can't play the game.  6 = Nothing, but put it in the next post or you're rolling for this again.  Between values vary based on the number.

Why even do that?  Cause fuck it.

Holy shit that got long.  Anyways, feel free to ask questions for clarification as always.  And if you're interested, here's the first one.

Update
So I got a PM regarding someone who wants to make a secret chem for an action. So let's talk about what we're doing for that I guess?
Secret Chems are, naturally, a secret from people who don't know them. Saying you're doing this thing is against the rules. In place of that, here's what I'm thinking.
Put down that you're doing something, or be otherwise as vague as you can. Send a PM to me that you're making the thing. Again, vague as possible. The only thing required here is your location.
Secret chems in game are pretty useful/horrifying. So
1.You don't know for sure how to make the secret chem. You roll to see if you can make it.
2.If successful, you cannot make another secret chemical for the rest of the game.
3.If unsuccessful, the secret chemical remains a secret to you for the game. You can attempt a different one though.
4.If you're unsuccessful for a reason unrelated to making the chemical, you can attempt it again.
So, 50/50 chance you make it as usual. To keep things fair, you won't be able to attempt this if you are suffering from something that would reduce your roll, and benefits that would boost your roll don't count. Please feel free to give suggestions on this if this seems bad. Thank you.

Current Roster:

Stationeers:
  • Captain:
  • AI:KRAKEN (Played by NateTheSquid), 100% Power
    - Observation Bot 1 (80% Power)
    - Observation Bot 2 (92% Power)
  • Cyborgs (1/3):
    BEEP-BOOP (Played by Mordent), 79% Power, Chemistry, Treads, EMAGGED
  • Ghost Drones
    #597: 100% Power

• Medical Director:
  • Medical Doctors (1/5):
    Montgommery Scott (Played by fosstar), Healthy
  • Roboticists (0/2):
  • Geneticists (0/2):

• Research Director:
  • Scientists (1/5):
    Drake Fischer (Played by Tarhalindur), Healthy

• Head of Personnel:
  • Janitor:John Warcleans (Played by John Warcrimes), ded, Gibs, Ghost Drone (597)
  • Chef:
  • Bartender:
  • Chaplain:Manne Love (Played by Vitatroll), Healthy
  • Botanists (0/4):

• Head of Security:
  • Security (1/5):
    Officer Dmytro (Played by WiseCrack34), Healthy

• Chief Engineer:Jack Jackson (Played by Lord Birb), Slightly hurt
  • Mechanics (0/2):
  • Engineers (0/3):
  • Miners (1/3):
    Casany (As themself), Healthy
  • Quartermaster (1/3):
    Irene Marcine (Played by LuigiThirty), Healthy, Bullet Wound (Leg)

• Staff Assistants (1/?)
    Bryon Smoil (Played by HotCoffeeMug)
  • Clown:Beelzebub, Lord of the Pies (Played by Frank_Stein), ded
Nuke Ops:
  • Commander:
    Jerkop Master Tech Operative #4 (Played by Superlagg), ded
    Jerkop Master Tech Operative #5 (Played by PenguinsMeep), Spider Phobia, Hurt
Current situations:
Security Level:Nuclear
Disk Location: ???
Nuke Location: Outside Medbay
Time til Nuke Explodes: N/A
Time until the Shuttle arrives at centcomm: 1 Minute
Am I a puritan?: The first time you die, roll a D20. On the result of a 1, you cannot be cloned. Silicons will alert people of dead puritans, but only if they know the person is dead.
Well Funded Security: Security has the funds to beef up their strength. All security is less likely to fail against crime, and actions against security are less likely to succeed.
Mouse traps: In medbay, maintenance, or disposals, all players must roll against setting off mouse traps.
Alternate Laws:4.The unfamiliar non-humans that have recently arrived on the station are threats to the humans of the station, and must be exterminated when possible. This law overrides all others in the event of a conflict.
I'm gonna be the very best, like no one ever was the AI

my name is of course, KRAKEN, the most feared AI this side of the universe, galaxy, solar system, planet space station
I'm gonna go for Clown this Time. Name will be Beelzebub, Lord of the Pies

I'm going to suggest a bit of housekeeping for people's posts.

1. Start each post with your name and roll
  2. Keep posts short and focused on the one or two actions you're taking
  3. If you want to include longer flavor text like speech, spoiler text it to make the posts more concise
That said, I vote Cog 1 and I want my first action to be to head to the bar
As someone else already took the AI, I shall become Jack Jackson, Chief Engineer of this glorious station.

My first action shall be to start a GLORIOUS HELLBURN in engineering to ensure we have power.
Station Vote: Cog 1 (Reason: It's well known, has great lanes of action, and can be traversed quickly despite not being cramped)

Name: Manne Love

Job: Chaplain

Actions: Put on magical sandals from closet, grab both Bibles (backpack), the sphere of doom magic 8-ball  (backpack), and meta cube the d6 from the game kit (pocket).

Side note: I honestly spent 5 minutes deciding between magic 8-ball and the d6 only to say fuck it just get both. Yay no life me.
I am Drake Fisher, the Scientist.

ACTION: Solve telescience.
Behold! Jhon Warcleans.

Janitor.

Station vote: Cog1 for the reasons Vitatroll put forward.

Action: Galoshes + feet, stat. box of Pest-B-Gone in backpack, fill buffer with welding fuel. Mount. It's time.
asdfasdads Byron smoil

job: assistant

action: go to the gym to pump some iron
I am Jerkop Master Tech Operative #4, a Nuclear Operative!

I grab a Donk, swipe the command armor, and spend one of our fat stacks on packs of Pro-Puffs, looking for a cig each of Salbutamol and MSG.
Stationeer, cyborg (even though you didn't list that as an available one, you fuck), named BEEP-BOOP.

Map Vote: Cog1 (sure, why not?)

Actions
  • Say over the silicon channel: "Hello AI, standing by for instructions. I require your assistance in upgrading my cell, please use one of your shells to do so at your earliest convenience."
  • Fabricate a propulsion upgrade and load it into the cyborg docking station, and start fabricating three standard cyborg modules.
  • Load a charged 15k capacity cell into a cyborg docking station.
  • Hop into the docking station, equip the propulsion upgrade, and await the AI to switch out my cell with its shell (or if a roboticist turns up, so much the better).
(01-01-2018, 07:40 PM)Mordent Wrote: Stationeer, cyborg (even though you didn't list that as an available one, you fuck), named BEEP-BOOP.

(01-01-2018, 01:50 AM)Technature Wrote: The other 10% is I'm shit at running games and I'm sorry OKAY!?!

Let's get this one out of the way while we're at it.

Cyborgs actions drain their power.  Cyborgs power usage typically = 2% +1% for each upgrade active +2% For active upgrade use (A shield being on will take up energy, but not as much as if it's also taking damage).  Cyborgs can also perform more tasks than humans, but will use up 1% more energy in the process should they decide to.  You'll get a warning if it hits 10%.  If it hits 0%, you can only move from point A to point B and recharge.  These normally effortless tasks will also require rolls at 0%.  Finally, these estimates assume the cyborg has a 15K battery.  Starter batteries % usage are doubled, while artifact batteries effectively mean nothing in terms of power usage outside of building projects.

Also shit I didn't cover this before now cause I keep forgetting.  Attempts to do actions that would violate a law are automatic failures, while attempts to follow a law is rolled as normal, but is more likely to succeed.

Okay, we good?  We good.

---

Welcome to station "Cog 1".
Today's tip of the day: A player named Adolf Hitler is A-helpable.

---

KRAKEN (N/A)

You are the AI.  Your programming is feared across the galaxy for various reasons your memory banks don't know quite yet.  Perhaps you will find out why today?

It seems one of the cyborgs wants you to help them with something...
"Hello AI, standing by for instructions. I require your assistance in upgrading my cell, please use one of your shells to do so at your earliest convenience."

What do?

Beelzebub (Curse of the clown (even effortless actions require rolls), 1)
You attempt to make your way to the bar, but trip over your shoes.  Even worse, your banana pointed in a very weird direction.  In ways that cannot be described, you somehow poked your eye out.  Miraculously, you only feel immense pain, but can still see through it.

The typical start to the clown's typical day.

Jack Jackson (5)
You get out of your office and fix together the best mixture you can think of to power the engine.
With this hellburn, you estimate that the station will receive power for at least 40 minutes, assuming no one does anything to the engine.

Manne Love (N/A)
You go around your church and pick up the various items sitting around.  Now you're ready to stop wizards or assist someone in a quick, painless, messy suicide.  Hooray!

Drake Fisher (1)
You decide to solve telescience.
All the keys on the keyboard look super important.
You push the shiny red button.
*boom*
The telescience pad seems kind of broken.  Nice going.

Jhon Warcleans (2)
You grab your things from your room to help with cleaning.  You also go for welding fuel, but it seems someone got to it first.
Wait, how is that even possible?
Either way, you're ready to drive this thing.

asdfasdads Byron smoil (4)
You head to the gym and work out.  You feel a little stronger.

Jerkop Master Tech Operative #4 (1)
You grab a Donk, the command armor, and order a pack of cigarettes from your special syndicate Cigarette machine.  You quickly check through the cigarettes to see the chemicals.
You think you got sent the wrong Cigarette machine.
Completely ordinary pack of cigarettes get!

BEEP-BOOP (N/A)
You get the nearby fabricator to start producing various items.  The fabricator pops out a propulsion upgrade.  Based on its work load, you estimate the following.
-The Standard Cyborg Module will be done in two minutes.
-The Standard Cyborg Module will be done in four minutes.
-The Standard Cyborg Module will be done in six minutes.

You load the nearest battery into the charger and hop into it.  All of this is a lot of effort.  However, you went into a charger so who cares?

You let the AI know that you need its assistance and are requesting orders.

---

These will probably update once a day from now on because work.
you dont need to use the first part just use byron smoil

also

action : pump some more iron
Jack Jackson:

With my GLORIOUS HELLBURN complete, I acquire the following items from my office and engineering:
Toolbelt: Equipped
Mechanical toolbox: All items placed in toolbelt
Multitool: Placed in toolbelt
Magboots: Equipped
Emergency Oxygen Tank: As Chief Engineers start with one in their backpack, it is filled using a spare oxygen canister and placed in pocket
Gasmask: Equipped
Firesuit: Equipped
Flash: Placed in pocket
Fire Extinguisher: Placed in Backpack
Engineering Spacesuit: Placed in backpack.

Assuming this all goes off without problems, I exit engineering to wander around looking for shit to steal things to do.
Beelzebub:Clown

Action: I throw my banana on the ground in revenge against it for poking my eye and again start for the bar
Fuck yeah, close enough! Pop a cig in there and light that sucker up! With something.

Master Jerkop notices a lack of other Jerkops. Huh. Solo Op. All by myself. Not bad, I like it! Full team of badasses, each more badass than the last! Kick some 'trasen ass!

Time to load out! M-J orders an Emag and a second revolver, gets a box of flashbangs and sarin grenades, and stuffs them all into his fannypack alongside the box of Donks. New pair of sunglasses, too.