Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
force at least 3 head roles to be occupied during a rev round
Maybe we can just make this a permanent change to how job roles are filled.

IE if a head slot is unfilled, pick a random person from the department of the relevant head and make them a head.

You still get to do the job you wanted but now you have more access and you're important for stuff n things.
(12-28-2017, 03:46 PM)Xeram Wrote: Maybe we can just make this a permanent change to how job roles are filled.

IE if a head slot is unfilled, pick a random person from the department of the relevant head and make them a head.

You still get to do the job you wanted but now you have more access and you're important for stuff n things.

I like the idea, but don't think it'd work that well. Say there are 3 people who ready up, and all of them have staff assistant set to favourite and everything else set to unwanted.
(12-28-2017, 04:01 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 03:46 PM)Xeram Wrote: Maybe we can just make this a permanent change to how job roles are filled.

I like the idea, but don't think it'd work that well. Say there are 3 people who ready up, and all of them have staff assistant set to favourite and everything else set to unwanted.

Then force a pick at random. A low pop round makes more sense when everyone is a head. Why would a station only hire three staff assistants and not highly trained and trusted experts in their fields?
(12-28-2017, 05:44 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 04:01 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:

Then force a pick at random. A low pop round makes more sense when everyone is a head. Why would a station only hire three staff assistants and not highly trained and trusted experts in their fields?

because it's NT
Ignoring the lore joke that Nanotrasen is terrible, from a gameplay perspective, doesn't ensuring that the few players that exist in a round have the widest access to areas and department resources available make sense?
no yeah totally my vision is that head slots get filled before departmental slots

so it goes like
CAPTAIN
AI
HEADS
LOOSER DEPARTMENT STAFF
STAFF ASSISTANT

for someone with no preferences
do it to it
It'd definitely help the common low-pop late-round game: "Head ID Hide n' Seek".
How about force some security officers so the very same genetic freaks arent also the only ones actually trying to keep the peace?
(01-06-2018, 11:47 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: How about force some security officers so the very same genetic freaks arent also the only ones actually trying to keep the peace?

I agree with this.
(01-06-2018, 02:19 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 11:47 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: How about force some security officers so the very same genetic freaks arent also the only ones actually trying to keep the peace?

I agree with this.

We came up with a good plan regarding that awhile ago. 

It was something like, force one Sec officer for every 10 people while greatly decreasing the chance for The Captain to be a traitor when lower than 10 people