Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Binding agent (Chem suggestion)
An chemical that allows most reagents (except for a whitelist, pretty much any chem that becomes 10 times worse when stuck to someone/something) to stick to walls/people/etc

There already exists a chem that foams things, and a chem that smokes them, so a sticky solution wouldn't be so farfetched as an suggestion.

Uses: DIY C4. (perhaps even allow people to stick their triggers directly on the visible sprite) otherwise you could just drop your igniter/radio trigger close enough that it heats the goop up.

Basically you mix your sticky goop with your splody goop and now you have an explodey sticky goop.

Another use would just be to pair it with something like vomit and smoke the stuff so that you have walls covered in a sticky vomit.

As for a sprite, I'm reasonably sure that there's probably "chemical" sprites that already exist in the game that could be repurposed.

If someone really wants to be annoying, redesign thermite so that it requires the sticky goop to stay on walls. I'm pretty sure thermite is a powder which should obey gravity.

edit: As for cleaning up the stuff, space cleaner should work, although getting it onto walls might be difficult without a sponge.
Good idea, hope you don't mind if i get brainstorm all over it!

Could possibly work by keeping the binder a reagent untill introduced to other chems. At that point you're given a message about the mixture reducing down to a bit of gunk. You then click on it with an empty hand to pull out your newly formed wad o stuff, which is basically just a sticker but full of the chems in the beaker.

Thinking about it, this could potentially be relatively simple, as stickers already exist and AFAIK every object can be made to hold reagents. (though i am just a layman)
I am dumb at this stuff so this might be useless, but is it possible the fluid code might be useful in making this a reality? Is it realistic to have an amount of fluid stickied to a person instead of just flowing?

EDIT: Sufficient amounts of acid should clean it off, too, with all the obvious downsides.
So this makes your chemical a semi-solid object you can interact with?

Maybe throwing it around splats a bit of it out into a puddle, so it gradually loses units. Gloves probably block you from getting the touch effects when messing with it
oh this is really interesting actually
i like meta-chemicals

ok how long until someone comes in and screams about making chemistry more powerful, i have my stopwatch ready
Also Idea : when stuck to someone, instead of adding all those chems to the poor sap like a patch, it oughta work like a cigarette, slowly gradually and irregularly. Spray people down with stickied poisons and watch them drop their tools and run for the nearest shower.