Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freezing the AI
I am sure that by now most people know that if you freeze the AI you can teleport it, and occasionally I have seen this used to being the AI to the escape shuttle or bar, but in a round I played today it was used to abduct me and dump me in space. Needless to say, this sucked. As such I am requesting that the AI's ability to be frozen removed or that a radio be built into the core so you can't just leave the poor AI in space alone.
this basically accomplishes the same thing as teleporting to the AI core and cutting the cords on every intercom and then teleporting back
Honestly, if there is enough thought behind their actions to set that up, it's actually a neat way to banish the AI from communication with the crew.
feature. I don't think this should be removed.
Also, if you really wanted to reach a radio and talk to the crew again, there's a very simple way for you to have done so. It would just require extra effort, and tie you up doing something that makes it harder for you to monitor the station and/or a traitor.

So, yeah, basically kudos to that dude for a very clever way of masking himself.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Also, if you really wanted to reach a radio and talk to the crew again, there's a very simple way for you to have done so. It would just require extra effort, and tie you up doing something that makes it harder for you to monitor the station and/or a traitor.

So, yeah, basically kudos to that dude for a very clever way of masking himself.

Had he been a traitor, I would never had posted this topic and probably would have complimented him as well. The offending party was simply upset because I did not let him out of a 3 min brig sentence for attempting to disarm a security officer under the guise of " I was teaching you a lesson in guarding is all." He then goes out of him way to antagonize this officer all round including an attempt to trap him in the AI sub section by building a reinforced wall. I feel that as a community it is our responsibility to refuse people like this the ability to abuse something that in all rights makes no sense. As for deploying to a shell, Its simply annoying to switch back and forth in order see communications, then open the door the Joe Schmoe, only to go back to the shell and need to do it again 5 seconds later.
Would purposely doing that to the AI, as a non-antagonist, be grounds for action? I mean, you're not "killing" someone, but that's still some pretty damn hardcore griffing to be doing to someone. I wouldn't think that freezing and spacing another player without a jetpack or radio would be kosher if they were human.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Would purposely doing that to the AI, as a non-antagonist, be grounds for action? I mean, you're not "killing" someone, but that's still some pretty damn hardcore griffing to be doing to someone. I wouldn't think that freezing and spacing another player without a jetpack or radio would be kosher if they were human.

I think so. Buckle cuffing someone to a bed or turning people into a monkies isn't killing anyone but it is good way to get yourself banned.

IMO, displacing the AI like that isn't necessarily something that should be removed from the game, but it definitely sounds like grounds for admin intervention.
Well, I mean you've gotta take it as it comes. If somebody turns the AI into an Ice Cube, and pushes them out the nearest airlock, that's a dick move. If somebody steals the AI, sets them up in Customs with a radio, and then starts a cult of Staff Assistants worshiping the Machine God, that's quite a different story, don't you think?
Freezing and teleporting the AI is grief. There are certain circumstances in which you may, but unless the AI has had it's laws manipulated to cause harm to other players, or you yourself are an antagonist, DO. NOT. CAUSE. GRIEF. FOR. THE. AI. Here are some rules to help people understand.

The Rules

Don't Grief

Injuring or killing crew, sabotaging or destroying the station, uploading AI laws allowing the AI to murder people, and otherwise fucking shit up for other players without a good reason to be doing so is considered griefing. There is a line between griefing and permissible shenanigans, but it is subjective and up to the presiding admin to decide.
What constitutes a good reason to injure, kill and destroy? One or more of the following:
You are an enemy of the station and/or crew (Traitor, Operative, Wizard, Changeling, Zombie, Vampire)
An admin has given you permission or told you to do it.
The guy you're killing is a confirmed enemy of the station (be sure before you kill!)
Being mean to Clowns, Cluwnes and monkeys is permissible. It's not necessary or clever.
Note that monkeys are not enemies of the station, except in the discontinued Monkey mode.
The following are NOT reasons to engage in wanton carnage:
You think the person is AFK or logged out
You are roleplaying as a psychopath, lunatic, malfunctioning AI, or anything dumb like that. Seriously, it's dumb. Don't do it.
One or more people (including yourself) think the round is boring.
The station is a wreck, everyone's dead, or everything's already going to hell.
The round is about to end anyway (go ahead once the shuttle arrives at centcom, but until then, the round is still going)
Self defense. Call security and/or incapacitate your attacker. Exceptions are made for Operatives and Wizards.
The victim has a potentially dangerous job such as Scientist, Clown, or Janitor.
"NO REASON"
Any other dumb reason that isn't on this list. Remember, admins have the final word.