Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Cloner pieces in the debris field
For crew, it's a pain in the butt when the cloner gets blown up. For traitors, depending on the plan, taking the cloner out of action, at least for a while, can be pretty vital. My suggestion is this: put scannable cloner machine parts in the debris field, but scatter them around. I think it'd be nice if it were possible to rebuild the cloner, but difficult.
Good idea.
i assume 'scatter them around' would mean randomly? cause if they're in the same spot every time then it would be trivial to telesci them to the station every time the cloner gets blown up
Then place a few of them in one of those teleport protected areas on the debris field.
If the traitor really wants cloning to be gone for longer I guess he wouldn't mind getting rid of telescience. Just like if the crew really want to get the cloner back they can get it without the teleporter.
I've always secretly wanted an extremely hacky cloner in the beehive that has, like, a 33-66% chance to bring you back as a sentient bee.
Why
(12-25-2017, 04:45 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: I've always secretly wanted an extremely hacky cloner in the beehive that has, like, a 33-66% chance to bring you back as a sentient bee.

Why would you ever use anything else?
hard no on player bees
(12-25-2017, 06:22 PM)Cirrial Wrote: hard no on player bees

flock but all the drones are bees and all they can do is sting
(12-25-2017, 06:22 PM)Cirrial Wrote: hard no on player bees

Why do you hate fun, Cirrial
Eh. I'm pretty sure no-player-bees has been a coder convention 4evr. Of course I think that extended to critters as well, but especially to bees. I mean I don't think I've even seen an admin controlled bee, once, in my time here.

Still, the setup is there and perfect. Though if I think about it, it'd probably make more sense for them to pop out as a bee-person aka person with apidae metabolism.
(12-26-2017, 08:06 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: I mean I don't think I've even seen an admin controlled bee, once, in my time here.

god damn you're right. i think i've only ever seen ONE and that was when someone (popecrunch or wonk or something??) made a bee bar above escape, and the bartender was the overbee, from memory
(12-26-2017, 08:06 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Eh. I'm pretty sure no-player-bees has been a coder convention 4evr. Of course I think that extended to critters as well, but especially to bees. I mean I don't think I've even seen an admin controlled bee, once, in my time here.

Still, the setup is there and perfect. Though if I think about it, it'd probably make more sense for them to pop out as a bee-person aka person with apidae metabolism.

They should pop out of the bee cloner with yellow skin, black hair, and wearing a bee-wool sweater. And Apidae Metabolism.
If it were up to me I'd bee a little warmer to the idea (I ran a few gimmick rounds with players as a bee) but the bee master is less fond of the idea, plus I don't like the idea of player bees happening without supervision. They're one of our few bastions of innocence and player control of a thing like that can quickly ruin that sharpish.

I've heard beeple suggested before, though. Hmmm.

edit: must not make flockbees must not make flockbees MUST NOT MAKE FLOCKBEES
Player controlled wasps on the other hand already exist. Wasps are pretty cute too right?
I’ve seen loads of player controlled bees. Albeit they were probably admins and not just normal players. The first one that comes to mind is the one event where we had to find the special bee and some people wanted to save it and some wanted to kill it. That one was admin controlled

Edit: Here you go
[Image: e3418800af.png]
[Image: 13d37b6dd7.jpg]