Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
force at least 3 head roles to be occupied during a rev round
otherwise i am forced to play Libyan Dictator Simulator 2017 hiding in a trashcan while being hunted by genetic aberrations backed by 500000000000000 people
I have won rev on mediumpop as solo captain. Git gud.
Though I guess that this would make things a bit more balanced, as even with the changes to rev heads I still feel things are a bit sided towards the revs on highpop.
yes, the idea was to balance it since there's 3 head revs there should at least be 3 heads. it would also be too obvious if say it were all heads were to be filled for there to be a rev round. or maybe the whole system could be rejiggered so that it nudges more people into head roles more often. still way to easy to win a rev round since sec is usually a ghost town and you'll often have an army of revs to kill a single person before anyone knows what's going on
Huuuh. I thought it was already like that. They did get rid of the PDAs already, right? Did I dream all this shit?

WHO AM I!? AAAAAHHHHhhhhh *burp
Honestly, I feel head roles should get priority filling.

Like, say you pick a doctor and there's no one else that picks Medical Director. Well, you should automatically get bumped into that role
any time I've played rev since the traitor PDA for rev heads was taken out, it's always seemed like revs had no chance even with 1 or 2 security on the team, there was always like 2 heads, the captain and HoP, if not more, and the rev heads could get almost no one, and by the time they did, the heads of staff and sec team were already armed with thousands of loyalty implants, so maybe adding this along with a faster or silent rev flash would be helpful for both sides
Command needs at least the captain or head of personnel active, along with another head of staff. The first is usually caught off guard so rounds can end in minutes if theres only one head.

Not many options for keeping people stunned long enough to rev them. Leave the sound and the time it takes to convert a player as is, but move the stun to the start of the process.
I agree with this idea.
(12-22-2017, 01:19 PM)Wonkmin Wrote: agree
There's metagaming problems if rev rounds are the only ones which force head roles to be filled, as any experienced player is going to assume that it's a rev round if they're unexpectedly forced into a head role. There's already some metagaming issue with rev rounds since tracking whether heads latejoin or not reveals if it's a rev round.

An alternative would be a check, without knowing how complex it is from a code perspective, to only go ahead with a rev round if there's enough heads of staff (at least 3),  turning the round type into a traitor round (with the rev heads as ordinary traitors) if there isn't.
What if there was an optional solo rev mode where only one revhead was spawned due to a smaller amount of heads.
agree
this but every round
(12-28-2017, 12:26 PM)poland spring Wrote: this but every round
(12-28-2017, 01:02 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 12:26 PM)poland spring Wrote: this but every round