Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[ANTAGONIST] Make Krampus 3 Unpoppable!
Make it so that you can pop Krampus, but it immediately respawns somewhere else on the ship but 20% smaller. See how tiny Krampus can get!
hi I made Krampus poppable

this thread is making me reconsider that

Reconsider in the sense that I should have made Krampus 3.0 a possum instead
(12-21-2017, 11:54 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: did not read literally any of the posts here, fuck your arguments.

What a fantastic thing to read, surely expressing yourself like this will get people to see your point of view.

Krampus is not supposed to be good, it's supposed to be a thing you DON'T want to become since it became a meatcube, because people were utter shit with the original Krampus, and, oh boy, guess what! They were awful with the new Krampus as well too. Being unkillable on top of that just made it possible to take someone out of the round with no real way to stop it, and I fail to see how that's fun except maybe the first few times.
To quote Haine:

Quote:"1.0 was just such utter bullshit garbage
like it was an interesting concept for the first few rounds
it very quickly became "spawn in, kill all the pool critters, and then suicide in the hope of becoming krampus, then literally fuck up the station so bad that the only way to call the shuttle is by ahelping"
the entire reason krampus was turned into a meatcube iirc is that spy and I were coders by the time the next christmas rolled around and we were like "hell no not old krampus, new krampus is a shitty meatcube you should hope to not become"

then people found a way to be shit as meatcube krampus"

TL;DR: Krampus is supposed to be a useless shit you useless shits.
replace krampus with an invulnerable plasma spore IMMEDIATELY

--

edit: i will stand with the rest of the admin team and verify that we should not bring back the unpoppable nightmare before spacemas
I'm fine with Krampus being useless, but I don't think that's the point of them. The point should be "I'm here to annoy the fuck out of everyone as punishment for not having enough Christmas cheer"

As another player, you're supposed to despise Krampus, and a big part of that hatred is being impotent against them
Yeah I'll echo frank here, if you  feel krampus is punishment, that's fine, but don't expect people to click "yes" especially when they have an option of being a critter.

If you want krampus to be an annoying jerk, I thought the immovable object was a good approach, but it had a few problems that MBC raised that could be ironed out.
I'm half tempted to just remove Krampus altogether.
I like Krampus as an idea: weird horrible Christmascube that is disgusting.

I don't like it in practice, because the stupid piece of shit does about three potential things when I meet it:
1. Ignore me.
2. Wall me into a small space and steal all my clothing.
3. Shove me into space so I suffocate and die.

Any other person does that, especially a traitor, you can beat the shit out of him. But Krampus showing up on tiny packed areas like Destiny, combined with his immovability and invincibility, was literally round-ending for me on at least one occasion.
So my personal thoughts are pretty simple.

Krampus being an annoying fuck is pretty much everyone's punishment for not keeping the spacemas spirit alive. That much is obvious, but it's pretty obvious there were some issues missed when first coding the cube of meat, but what I think are:

Krampus should be able to block people who decide it's a good idea to walk into a dead end.
Krampus should be able to push people down so it can fart on them.
Krampus should be able to prevent people from going from point A to point B for reasons other than be an annoying shit (protect people from an obvious bad guy).
Krampus should be able to prevent you from leaving the crusher (cause good god why did you think going anywhere near that thing was a good idea?).
Krampus shouldn't be able to pull things. This includes people. I know this leads to murder cause I've done this. Also Krampus has no hands.
Krampus shouldn't be able to pilot pods.
Krampus shouldn't be able to straight up murder.

Krampus is supposed to be an annoying fuck, not be a prison worthy criminal. He doesn't hate the station, just spacemas.

Though making it so Krampus being killed by people not Santa forcing it to be on the arrival shuttle is something I support with all this in mind.
Perhaps if more people actively participated in the making and opening of presents, Krampus wouldn't be a thing so often. As well, Krampus isn't meant to punish EVERYONE during christmas, just the absolutely bad and evil people, at least if you want to go off of the classic lore to Krampus. Maybe you could make a gamemode that's only added into selection around December where it's Krampus fighting against Santa or something like that.

Or, just make Krampus extremely rare like most random event antags and only really be available if there is low spacemas cheer (not 40% but instead maybe under 20%-25%) and very few antags remaining with the round time being relatively far in and the station being maybe not so fucked up.

this is just some of my ideas though, and they're probably trash. I do also agree with Technature's ideas.
If you follow someone into a dead end with the intent to trap them for god knows how long, and they then pull out a welding tool and pop you, that is 100% your own fault.
id say leave krampus as is and have santa spawn somewhere on the station to undo the evil that is krampus
Krampus should not be able to put people in chutes. On some maps it's possible to get stunlocked and trapped by it.
(12-22-2017, 07:49 AM)Darkchis Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 11:54 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: did not read literally any of the posts here, fuck your arguments.

What a fantastic thing to read, surely expressing yourself like this will get people to see your point of view.

Krampus is not supposed to be good, it's supposed to be a thing you DON'T want to become since it became a meatcube, because people were utter shit with the original Krampus, and, oh boy, guess what! They were awful with the new Krampus as well too. Being unkillable on top of that just made it possible to take someone out of the round with no real way to stop it, and I fail to see how that's fun except maybe the first few times.

Later on in NateTheSquid's argument they state that they read it, and then they keep their view and give reasons against it. I believe it's at the Second Paragraph.

(12-22-2017, 02:29 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: If you follow someone into a dead end with the intent to trap them for god knows how long, and they then pull out a welding tool and pop you, that is 100% your own fault.

If you're a NORMAL Meatcube. This is Krampus we're talking about, a special Meatcube which already has a weakness: Santa. It's just that people don't want to participate in actually raising cheer levels, and instead want a different solution despite the one already there. 

All in all, if you want Krampus gone then make Santa more common by making it easier to raise Christmas Cheer. Or just begin to nerf Krampus as Christmas Cheer goes up:
Make Krampus unable to pull at a certain amount of Christmas Cheer.
Make Krampus poppable at like, 100% Christmas Cheer (but return back to the shuttle until Santa does it).
Make Krampus be shoveable at a certain amount of Christmas Cheer.

Or just make Santa more common, since that's what's supposed to kill Krampus.