Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Forensic Scanning Boxes / Containers
I don't want to post this in suggestions / bug reports unless I'm stupid and there is a way to do it. 

However for as long as I can remember when you try to scan a box or any kind of container with a free slot as a detective or security officer you end up putting the forensic scanner inside the box / container without scanning it. 

The only way I know of to get around it is to find lots of small things and fill the box up, then scan it. 

Is there a way to scan an empty box (say an AP ammo box) without shoving my forensic scanner inside or filling it up with paper first?

and if not why hasn't this been addressed years ago ? :P

Just give us a right click scan option (for everything) please smile
As well as disposals, toilets, and other stationary holders
It effects the mechanics scanner too. Rip my PDA after I tried to scan the deep fryer.
imo there should be a way to bypass 'put-stuff-in-here' checks, like with a certain intent
Alt-clicking to examine something with a scanner or analyser in the active hand should give a reading without touching the object.
I wonder if the scanner used the same targeting method as wizard abilities if that would work better?
(12-17-2017, 09:04 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I wonder if the scanner used the same targeting method as wizard abilities if that would work better?

C to activate in hand, click with targetting cursor? Something like that you mean?
(12-17-2017, 10:03 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote:
(12-17-2017, 09:04 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I wonder if the scanner used the same targeting method as wizard abilities if that would work better?

C to activate in hand, click with targetting cursor?  Something like that you mean?

Right. So you can stuff it in bags or boxes when it's not activated, but it'll scan the next thing you click when it is
yeah either a modifer key or a specific ability for the forensic scanner would be the best idea in this circumstance i think
(12-18-2017, 07:05 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: yeah either a modifer key or a specific ability for the forensic scanner would be the best idea in this circumstance i think
And don't forget that mechanic scanners have the same problem when you implement the fix!
Bonus : adding a C activation makes scanners compatible with CHEST SURGERY