Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Equipment and machinery damaged states
A lot of things on the station can get hit by collateral damage but end up not destroyed

So, I thought, what if there were more levels between a fully functional item/machine/computer and one that was damaged but still operational?

What I propose is that damaged machinery should have effects simliar to hacked machinery, where an unexpected behavior might happen. This could be as simple as getting shocked to other effects like garbled text on computers, or things like pods having systems turn themselves off occasionally
I'd love for this to be a thing but all the sprites required, aaaaa
(12-15-2017, 08:20 AM)Cirrial Wrote: I'd love for this to be a thing but all the sprites required, aaaaa

Not really though, it just needs croppable damage overlays that get blended.
Speaking of damaged equipment, ever notice how reinforced walls are only airtight at their highest health value threshold state? This could also be applied to walls too! Have walls that are supposed to contain explosions and keep all the air from leaking out have multiple states of damage where they're still holding out all the space wind.
(12-15-2017, 08:20 AM)Cirrial Wrote: I'd love for this to be a thing but all the sprites required, aaaaa

I was going to also suggest items have a kind of decay on misuse/overuse as well

So using an extinguisher to bash people's heads might dent it and mess up it's ability to spray, or a scalpel might get dull and do less damage or cut things less efficiently for surgery

So there's that too
(12-15-2017, 09:14 AM)Superlagg Wrote: reinforced walls are only airtight at their highest health value threshold state

Wait what? Does this have something to do with how hull breaches are impossible to fix?
(12-15-2017, 01:37 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 09:14 AM)Superlagg Wrote: reinforced walls are only airtight at their highest health value threshold state

Wait what? Does this have something to do with how hull breaches are impossible to fix?

Not quite, just that their reinforcedness only seems to apply to the frame it leaves behind after a blast. Feels like the same amount of explosion turns both types of wall into vents.

Like this could allow these damned rwalls to take a blast without blowing out all the air.
(12-15-2017, 08:45 AM)ZeWaka Wrote:

Not really though, it just needs croppable damage overlays that get blended.

You could also go a bit the way of hacked manufacturers, where they shake, rattle, and make a racket while in operation, while giving it an adjective to reflect it's state
Dinged Soda Machine
Damaged Automat
Busted Books4U
Irreparably Fucked Up Snack Machine