Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nomic
(01-14-2018, 04:41 PM)Tarhalindur Wrote: I'm going to vote no on this, simply because a) it doesn't make that much sense, b) I don't like it, and c) I'm not really sure it's legal.

How can you vote when you're a convicted felon? Thus your vote is invalid.

Edit: fuck you
Please provide evidence that I am a convicted felon.
(01-15-2018, 05:47 AM)Tarhalindur Wrote: Please provide evidence that I am a convicted felon.

Rescind your vote and change it to a yes or I will.
i was going to preemptively vote no to make sure it didnt pass but then i realised its been 12 hours since tarhalindurs vote last, so the voting period is over

f
k great, @Pope time
Just a question--how would you feel about a rule allowing a flexible turn order? (With some restrictions to prevent one person from dominating the game)
(01-15-2018, 04:03 PM)Tarhalindur Wrote: Just a question--how would you feel about a rule allowing a flexible turn order? (With some restrictions to prevent one person from dominating the game)

i'd support that
yeah i am absolutely down with a flexible turn order

Prop 311
Amend Rule 203 thus:

EXISTING: "A rule change is adopted if and only if the vote is unanimous among the eligible voters."

AMENDED: "A rule change is adopted if and only if it receives a majority of 'yes' votes among the eligible voters. A 'yes' vote can be the word 'yes', 'yea', or any other statement that a reasonable person would recognize as a 'yes' vote. In the event that a vote is unclear, time will be allotted for the person casting the unclear vote to clarify, and their vote will only be disregarded and uncounted if there is a unanimous vote to do so, which may take place no sooner than 12 hours after the last post by the unclear voter in this thread."

EXPLANATION: Basically, rules now only require a simple majority to pass. Added the gubbins about 'what is a YES vote' because I've been in Nomic games where shit derailed for LITERAL WEEKS because a bunch of people claimed to not understand the word 'yeah'.
this 12 hour thing kinda sucks honestly

yes
I was totally going to throw a hissy fit and vote no to everything until I got my shitty bill passed to protest giving any one jackass the power to kill anything they want (and to throw a hissy fit), but this is pretty much the top half of my bill so:

yeah

also I vote yes.
without the 12 hour thing, turns would never end. 105 requires all eligible voters to participate in a rule change, so people who barely play like awfulworldkid would drag out every turn to insane lengths. it would work a bit better if there were more players, though.

I also vote yea to 311, even though i think it will lead to the game being ruined by nonsense rules
nonsense rules are basically the point of nomic
(01-16-2018, 11:46 AM)popecrunch Wrote: nonsense rules are basically the point of nomic

This. 
The biggest nonsense is when it starts to parallel real parliament. 
And this is the first step. 
Hearty 'Yea' on 311
TIIIIIME'S UP!
Can someone update the OP?
Tarhalindur please grace us with your legislative wisdom