Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigarette burns
The other day I tried to attack someone with a lit cigarette in my hand and it did nothing at all. I was pretty disappointed with this, especially after "lighting a cigarette with a burning corpse/your own burning body/the Singularity" got implemented with custom messages a while back, and so suggest the following:

Clicking somebody with a lit cigarette does some piddly amount (~3-5?) of burn damage, turns the cigarette into a cigarette butt in the hand, and gives a message depending on the target. Examples:

Ensign Daeren puts his cigarette out on Weedswag Yologoku's [chest/left arm/etc]. What an asshole!

Ensign Daeren puts his cigarette out in Weedswag Yologoku's eye!! Jesus Christ!!
Weedswag Yologoku screams!

Ensign Daeren puts his cigarette out on his [chest/left arm/etc]. So edgy.

Ensign Daeren puts his cigarette out on his own eye!! Why would you do that!?
Ensign Daeren screams!

Burning someone's eye with a cigarette might temporarily knock them down, like the duration of being pushed down, to give people ghetto packs of crappy, one-use flashes or guaranteed disarms. Any sort of eye equipment would prevent this. If that's too strong, maybe make it deal slightly more damage instead, or temporarily screw with vision like getting drunk/stoned does. Cigarette machines might actually get used if this was the case, so you can be a petty asshole to someone as an assistant, get all Third Degree as a detective interrogating someone, or try to even the odds of an emergency ambush.
I like this, but burning someone elses eye shouldn't do more than blur their vision a little bit for like 2 seconds.

Burning your own eyes should blind you though.
Trying to burn someone else's eye should stun them for a long time and do eye damage, but it should also take a few seconds to do and give a message. Like: "Jim Somebody goes for Bob Nobody's eyes with a lit cigarette!". So you can run away unless he's already got you stunned.
Why not just make it random? Aiming for the eyes gives you a % chance of actually connecting with their eye and knocking them down. If you miss, gotta pull out another cig, light it up, and try again.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Why not just make it random? Aiming for the eyes gives you a % chance of actually connecting with their eye and knocking them down. If you miss, gotta pull out another cig, light it up, and try again.
I've always thought that random chance should be avoided where possible and only used when nothing else makes any sense.

Anyway, if the eye attacks were blocked by wearing anything that would cover your eyes(which they should be) then it's not like they'd work on anyone who was even slightly prepared, anyway.
Rocco Harding puts the Cigarette out on Eliza Williamson.
Eliza Williamson screams!

Coding and testing this on test clowns right now, expect it to be committed soon.
You'll also be able to light burnable things on fire by clicking them with any actively burning item or with a normal ignition source, and you'll be able to light cigs with held burning items.

So yes, you can finally light a joint with a burning stack of money.
Also, if someone has been splashed with some reagent, let's say thermite or welding fuel, then using a lighter or a lit cigarette on them should ignite the reagent.