Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
an idea
There could be some sort of a counter for each traitor/crew objective a player completes which could translate into points- say one crew objective complete is worth one point, and one traitor objective complete is worth 5 points.
These points would stay in a players account kind of how medals work, except they can spend them on useless cool items that would spawn in their backpack.
Example- I spend 20 credits earned, I get a 50s reclamation outfit in my uniform.
50 credits earned, I start off with a golden wrench. Just little useless shit like that
OMJ Wrote:There could be some sort of a counter for each traitor/crew objective a player completes which could translate into points- say one crew objective complete is worth one point, and one traitor objective complete is worth 5 points.
These points would stay in a players account kind of how medals work, except they can spend them on useless cool items that would spawn in their backpack.
Example- I spend 20 credits earned, I get a 50s reclamation outfit in my uniform.
50 credits earned, I start off with a golden wrench. Just little useless shit like that
I had this idea a long time ago, but I felt that I would get lynched for saying it.

Time to see if I was right.
NO

This starts off innocent and starts becoming who-has-the-biggest-internet-cock competitions extraordinarily fast.
Perhaps instead of team deathmatch objective mode. Perhaps the game should just reward departments that do successfully well.

E.g for medbay and research, if the majority of the crew is healthy for a specified amount of time, they get a department bonus that comes with pay increases.

If the shipping account has a certain amount of money, Qm, Mining, chef and botany could all get department bonuses.

If the engine is running for a specified time period, engineering and electricians get a department bonus.

Sec and heads get a bonus if all the departments have gotten a department bonus, meaning sec should try to keep people busy and out of trouble.

Each department bonus would come with a pay increase, which could allow for more gimmicks and even more money.

That might be too RP, but I think it would increase moral if people had a reason to not screw off.
atomic1fire Wrote:department bonuses

I actually like this idea, or something vaguely similar to it; not as a form of player rewards (which are dumb and won't ever happen most likely, there's already been like twenty threads that concluded there was no good way to implement it), but to fix the problem I've noticed with the new, higher pay rates: the pay budget runs dry on its own around the 30-40~ minute mark, and with Robotics and Artifact research having been respectively removed and revamped so that the bonuses they added to the budget no longer come into play, there needs to be a way for the people who aren't QM to make money. Especially since the money coming into QM doesn't go back into the payroll unless someone puts it in manually, which will never happen between the boring computer that only 2 or 3 people can access and the QMs being upset about their work getting stolen.
can we give threads descriptive titles
I hope to see this get implemented just to watch how many idiots flood adminhelp with complaints about players stealing their golden plunger they earned for spending an hour producing wheat just to farm "points"
Perhaps a better idea:
Instead of points, money. By money I mean "bonuses"
Remove the "have x by end of the round" and instead have "complete x task", which would unlock a more difficult "x task". Remove "task 1, task 2" and have a ladder of tasks.

So for example, botany.
First objective "Grow a hybrid plant"
Then
Second objective "Grow a chili at 40 potency"
Then
Third objective "Mutate weed into the white variety"

Each objective would give you, say somewhere between 500 credits for the 1st objective (you would get a red message to you), and would rise at harder objectives. This is similar to how the old artefact research used to work, kinda.

Of course, QM as good as it is now, would need a buttload of more stuff to buy/trade/whatever for people to spend all this hard earned cash.
This way, again using botany as an example, you could have a golden chainsaw and tophat, sipping weed extract out of fancy china cup, and when some scrub asks where did you get all that stuff you push them down, fart in their face and whisper "Capitalism"
So people seem to have the main problem with this idea is that it promotes Internet douchebag superiority.

So what i'm wondering is, if all of us see mature enough not to be like Malfoy calling everyone mudblood for not having their solid gold wrench, what's the problem?

This could be implemented easily if we just agree not to be assholes, hell you could make a new rule saying so.

besides don't most superior like douchebags just get banned off the bat for killing someone and acting smug afterwards?

Heh.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I hope to see this get implemented just to watch how many idiots flood adminhelp with complaints about players stealing their golden plunger they earned for spending an hour producing wheat just to farm "points"

same
Here's a funny thing: there is an admin notes system in game, usually it's used to record incidents of people being morons, but sometimes we log notes of people being really good or fun or creative traitors too. People we notice being cool traitors are a lot more likely to get picked for special rounds, hardmode tasks, or new traitor item testing.

I'm not sure formalizing that with points would really improve anything.

As far as potency goes, I would like to make the potency and quality variables modify the sell price of stuff, so if you grow a batch of really awesome things, you'd make a hell of a lot more money versus the same quantity of moldy synthbutts. imo rewards should be constrained to the active round, the reward that carries over is just the smug sense of self satisfaction or a cool story
i agree with cog. the satisfaction of growing 150 potency weed or chilis, becoming a quartermaster millionaire, or whatever else works better than rubbing your reward in everyones face before crying because it got stolen after an assistant pushes you over and farts on you