Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nomopoly
Current Rules

I. The Admin
1. The position of the admin is held by Tarhalindur.
2. The admin is responsible for maintaining and publishing: a history of player submissions and their moves; the status of the board and the dice; and the ruleset and its consequences.
3. The admin owns and rolls two fair six-sided dice.
4. The admin may edit player submissions to make them suitable for publishing as long as their meaning is preserved. This may include adding formatting and correcting typos.
5. The decision of the admin is final.
II. Players
1. Anyone may join the game and become a player by posting in this thread.
2. Players of the game may be PMed at any time by the admin.
3. The admin is not considered to be a player.
III. Ending The Game
1. The game will end immediately (and perhaps drastically) should the admin ever receive threats from Goonstation.
IV. The Board
1. The game shall include a collection of numbered, ordered squares known as the board.
2. Each player occupies exactly one square. There is no limit to the number of players that can occupy one square.
3. Players will be moved from one square to another during the game. A move from one square to the next sequential square shall be known as "advancing"; all other moves are "jumps".
V. Turns
1. When a player takes a turn, the admin rolls two dice for them and advances them once for each pip shown on the dice.
2. If the dice show doubles, the player earns another turn to be taken immediately.
VI. Square One
1. The first square shall be known as Square One.
2. All new players begin the game on Square One.
3. If a player on the last space is required to advance, that player immediately moves to Square One. That move is still considered an advance.
VII. Proposals
1. Players may propose to add new rules or change the existing rules of the game by posting it in the thread, indicating that it is a proposal.
2. If a player submits a proposal while another of their proposals is still undecided, the later proposal wholly replaces the earlier one.
3. All proposals may be voted on by players. A majority passes the proposal. Ties count as a refusal.
4. When a player's proposal is passed or rejected, that player will take a turn.
5. The admin may vote if this would change the outcome.

Proposals: None (yet).

Player status:
CyberTripping (Square One)

Board status:
Square One (CyberTripping)
you cant reserve posts on this forum my dude

also nomic is pretty sick, wouldn't mind seeing where goon nomic goes

edit: Might as well start with a proposal. Admin judging proposals is stupid. Proposals should instead be judged through direct democratic processes among players, using a simple majority, and defaulting to refusal in the case of a tie.
(12-10-2017, 08:55 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: you cant reserve posts on this forum my dude

edit: Might as well start with a proposal. Admin judging proposals is stupid. Proposals should instead be judged through direct democratic processes among players, using a simple majority, and defaulting to refusal in the case of a tie.

I agree with this proposal.

I also propose that the word "peanut" and any derivations thereof be banned from discourse in this thread.
(12-10-2017, 01:24 PM)ZeWaka Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 08:55 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: you cant reserve posts on this forum my dude

I also propose that the word "peanut" and any derivations thereof be banned from discourse in this thread.
I 'gree with the both of these. 

I also propose that each time a proposal is made, the player proposing *must* vote on each pending rule.

Accepted, with modifications. I'm the admin here, get used to it :P

Accepted.
(12-10-2017, 01:39 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

I 'gree with the both of these. 

I also propose that each time a proposal is made, the player proposing *must* vote on each pending rule.
Accepted.

Moves shortly...
I propose that players are given a single meaningless Point at completely random points during the game.
(12-13-2017, 11:24 AM)awfulworldkid Wrote: I propose that players are given a single meaningless Point at completely random points during the game.

Agreed.

I propose that the The Board consists of 40 individual rhombi arrayed in linear fashions as to create a trapezoid with the two slanted edges containing 10 rhombi, the top 7, and the bottom 13. These rhombi will also smell distinctly of the admin's air freshener of choice.
I agree with the meaningless point and the rhombus rule.

I propose that the square at the midpoint of the course around the board, reckoning from Square One, be deemed “Free Parking” and players must honk if they land on it. Players who do not honk are in violation of this rule, with a punishment to be decided on a case-by-case basis by a jury of their peers.
i propose that if you land on one particular space on the board, you are rendered unable to move for 3 turns
I have a bad feeling that this is very dead already because the democratic shit only works when the admin actually advances turns and adds proposals to the list in a timely manner
Yeah, the admin is gone.

I propose that we start a new game with the original Nomic ruleset, rather than throwing the full nomoply ruleset at us.
(12-14-2017, 08:35 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: Yeah, the admin is gone.

I propose that we start a new game with the original Nomic ruleset, rather than throwing the full nomoply ruleset at us.
I’m going to do the thing. Please hold while I muddle about and swear at mobile formatting.
EDIT: WELL THAT WAS FASTER THAN I EXPECTED
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=9782
wouldnt it be easier to play the game in a chatroom of some sort like discord or IRC? could even have the ruleset on google docs for infinite space, and have it in the topic of the channel (irc) or in some sort of administrative channel of the server (discord)

edit: also makes managing who's playing infintiely easier, since you just have a userlist