Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Christmas Feature] Fruitcake!
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...0?expand=1

Adds a fruitcake recipe. It's a joke recipe so I didn't add it to To Serve Man.

Fruitcake is made by cooking a ????? and a physical manifestation of the very concept of fried foods together in an oven for 7 seconds on high. The oven will literally vomit out a fruitcake.

Fruitcake is disgusting and full of yuck. Eating it will give you brute damage (it's hard as a rock) and food poisoning (it's disgusting).

Tested: ???? is still made when you fuck up a recipe. The fruitcake recipe works. It does damage and doses you with yuck when eaten.

I'm not an artist so I didn't make a sprite for it. It just uses the a cake sprite right now.
Given that i suggested this, give me a moment. I'll try and cobble a sprite together for it.
Alright, here it is!

Bonus points if you add a glass shattering sound effect for when you bite into it.

64x64 for ease of seeing
[Image: ghvYPjY.png]

32x32 for use in the DMI
[Image: yikRnJS.png]
I think this should be a more Christmas style recipe, since that ingredient list makes fruitcake a year round thing.

I'd say, combine lemons and limes, flour, and candy canes/egg nog to get this
(12-09-2017, 07:48 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I think this should be a more Christmas style recipe, since that ingredient list makes fruitcake a year round thing.

I'd say, combine lemons and limes, flour, and candy canes/egg nog to get this

I think you may have missed the joke here

And why shouldn't we be able to make it year round anyway?
Is the joke that they're gross? I get that. But they also have a real world list of ingredients, and frying them has nothing to do with it.

Holiday themed items being only available on holidays just makes em more special, in my opinion. Making em constantly available ruins that
(12-09-2017, 08:19 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Is the joke that they're gross? I get that. But they also have a real world list of ingredients, and frying them has nothing to do with it.

Holiday themed items being only available on holidays just makes em more special, in my opinion. Making em constantly available ruins that

I mean, i guess there's no reason we couldn't do both, keep the joke recipe and have an actual recipe for it.

As far as making them only available on holidays goes, it's a little silly to have you be physically incapable of making fruitcake when it isn't christmas, don't you think?
(12-09-2017, 08:32 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: As far as making them only available on holidays goes, it's a little silly to have you be physically incapable of making fruitcake when it isn't christmas, don't you think?

Agree, tbh. 
I'd suggest adding two types, same sprite same description same everything, but one made with ????? and deep fry, and the other made with love and care and ingredients as Frank suggested. The latter might be non-toxic. 

I might be entirely alone here, but I've had some actually really good fruitcakes, when they're made by the right people. I think this could reflect that.
If you were wondering where all the fruit was in all this, you could add one of those wads of purple goop to the recipe.

And yeah add a real recipe seeing as fruitcakes can be really good depending on how they're made.
have a fresh fruit cake appear in the chef's fridge during christmas and a nasty rotten one during the rest of the year
(12-09-2017, 01:09 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: have a fresh fruit cake appear in the chef's fridge during christmas and a nasty rotten one during the rest of the year

Both of these should, of course, have the same sprite
But which fruitcake acts like a quark loaf?
(12-09-2017, 03:17 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: But which fruitcake acts like a quark loaf?

idea: if you loaf a fruitcake, it becomes so dense it just collapses into a black hole
(12-09-2017, 04:00 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 03:17 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: But which fruitcake acts like a quark loaf?

idea: if you loaf a fruitcake, it becomes so dense it just collapses into a black hole

Uhhh, maybe loaf an Emagged fruitcake. Otherwise you're looking at a fairly easy shuttle call.
Alt idea: instead of reaching loaf critical mass causing it to roll over back to a normal loaf, it will turn into a shitty fruitcake.