Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Stuff stops happening in the viewport
Ss13 finds new ways to break. So i installed the game on my laptop, and after a few seconds the display freezes. Not like it crashes, scrolling over stuff in the world still shows the name in the down-there bar, i can perform actions on myself and nearby things, and chat works fine (the shitty space rat shows works its id x999) , works that the display stops updating. When I reopen the game, it works for a few seconds, then goes right back to fake lag stasis.

Also my battery went from full to like 5% in no time at all, but i think that's not a byond thing
(12-08-2017, 06:10 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Ss13 finds new ways to break. So i installed the game on my laptop, and after a few seconds the display freezes. Not like it crashes, scrolling over stuff in the world still shows the name in the down-there bar, i can perform actions on myself and nearby things, and chat works fine (the shitty space rat shows works its id x999) , works that the display stops updating. When I reopen the game, it works for a few seconds, then goes right back to fake lag stasis.

Also my battery went from full to like 5% in no time at all, but i think that's not a byond thing
This happened to me about 6 months or so ago. I have no idea what caused it, and no idea what fixed it. It's probably a BYOND problem. Try up/downgrading your version of BYOND and clearing your cache each time to see if you can't get it to work again.
Downgrading byond fixed it for me
This started happening whenever I tried to push or pull one of those portable generators with the latest beta.

After clearing cache I can no longer connect properly, probably just have to wait for a server update.
This happens for me too - the "reconnect" button just gives me a black screen if I use it. Closing the client and reopening fixes it for a few seconds.

Now, how does one downgrade BYOND while still being on the latest version? (so the server will let you join)
(12-09-2017, 10:12 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: This started happening whenever I tried to push or pull one of those portable generators with the latest beta.

After clearing cache I can no longer connect properly, probably just have to wait for a server update.

Try downgrading a version or two

And if it's a byond problem, updating the server won't help.

In the meantime, are you sure the server wasn't just restarting or something like that?
I don't know of any way to downgrade to an older ersion of BYOND aside from picking Stable instead of Beta (which means you aren't able to even connect to Goonstation at all). I searched on the internet and found that there was a way in 2004, but somehow I doubt version 337 will be allowed by Goonstation either.
(12-09-2017, 10:40 AM)BruceyBoyo Wrote: I don't know of any way to downgrade to an older ersion of BYOND aside from picking Stable instead of Beta (which means you aren't able to even connect to Goonstation at all). I searched on the internet and found that there was a way in 2004, but somehow I doubt version 337 will be allowed by Goonstation either.

https://secure.byond.com/download/build/512/

All previous 512 releases are available here
(12-09-2017, 10:56 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: https://secure.byond.com/download/build/512/

All previous 512 releases are available here

Get 512.1397 bottom of page.
Worth noting that the coder-approved way to fix this is, indeed, to use 512.1397. 512.1398 has some issues with it, that we hope are resolved in 512.1399/1400/whatever whenever it comes out.

So yes, in the meantime, use that version.
hey 1400 came out and it works so use it cool thanks