Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Night mode for the chat menu
I saw a thread on Reddit which caught my eye.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/comments/7...ixed_that/

Someone changed the chat-box menu to be black. While this is not the best color to use, I was thinking we should have both a day and night mode. Day would be white like how it is now, while night mode would make the chat-box grey. This would be perfect if you were playing Goonstation late at night as it would be easier on the eyes.

Other software like Discord has a night mode and other software do the same thing. We should have the default white theme (day theme) and a grey theme (night theme) for the chat-box.
Yessss please, my eyes always hurt when playing SS13 late at night.
I'll take a look and see if we can do that from our end.
I feel like it'd be possible considering we can alter the text size and highlight stuff.
(12-05-2017, 11:38 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: I'll take a look and see if we can do that from our end.

That would be fantastic. It would probably not be super hard to code, but I wouldn't know how as I only know how to copy and edit existing code to make new stuff.
Silly side suggestion, Sepia color filter.

Chat, and if possible the game UI suddenly become sepia toned.

More chat box effects in general could be fun.
This would actually be really nice for those of us that play way late in the night.
(12-06-2017, 05:17 AM)Zafhset Wrote: This would actually be really nice for those of us that play way late in the night.

Yee. The more I think about it the more I want it.
It's doable, but note that a lot of chat message colors are chosen only for the white background, and might be hard to distinguish on a dark one. This can be further solved with a dark-css sheet to change the offending message colors, but will probably come in time after any initial background changes.
spaceman 24/7
(12-06-2017, 07:06 AM)Gannets Wrote: spaceman 24/7

can't stop won't stop
This would be perfect for me, I usually only play from 5am to 4:59am (pee and food break in between) and would love the ability to not have my eyes hurt half the time