Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
door maintenance panel
I'm putting this here so it isn't forgotten. Doors refresh their maintenance panel windows by calling the attack_hand proc over and over. This means of course that while you're hacking doors, if you get shocked, you will be shocked repeatedly over and over again until the game recognizes that you're down, or you manually close the window. Please move the window rendering to another proc.
if you are dumb enough to hack a door without gloves you deserve it
Also I *completely* managed to put this in the wrong forum despite the fact that I was obviously aiming for bug reports.
Dauntasa Wrote:if you are dumb enough to hack a door without gloves you deserve it
Your response is at least as dumb as hacking a door without gloves. A bug is a bug.
It's a bug, but it's funny and the thing is attempting to do the thing that causes the bug will not ever and is not supposed to ever end well. Trying to hack without gloves will always do a load of damage and stun you, bug or no bug. There is no situation in which it won't do horrible things to you. The fact that it kills you if you just sit there staring at the window is funny.
Code:
You feel a powerful shock course through your body!

This bug has existed forever. Can we please stop doors from shocking you 10 times?
I kind of got the impression that was deliberate. Like real life electrocution, if you get shocked while holding onto something, your hand lock shut on it 'cuz you can't get the electrical impulse there to let go. If you manage to pull yourself away after the first shock though you're usually okay, and the damage isn't as bad as it used to be per shock.
Yeah, it's annoying as hell, but I'm not sure it's a bug. This wasn't recent, and was probably lag-related, but I dragged someone away from a door and they continued to be shocked.

Dr. Cogwerks Wrote:Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013
*Set up some new handling for electrocution re: grilles and cables.
*Shocks better take into account the available power now. The more power the station has, the more dangerous it becomes.
I just want to bump this and say it happened to me last night. Shocked me about 20 times into crit, then death, on the mining station (so it wasn't hellburn related). I didn't know I should have closed the maint window to make it stop.

I see from the thread this bug is years old. And is still killing people. Please fix?
I actually like this bug.

It's like you have to take your hand out of the door panel after you managed to shock it.
Spy_Guy Wrote:I actually like this bug.

It's like you have to take your hand out of the door panel after you managed to shock it.

Except that it's neither intuitive, nor obvious what's happening, nor necessary.

Often, you'll die before you even realize what's happened since byondlag will have going from stunned to crispy before the client's shown that to you.

It's a very rude trap.
I also can't bite the door's wires.

OR ANY OTHER WIRE THAT ISN'T IN AN APC FOR THAT MATTER GONK
This hasn't really been a problem for me, but the few times it has/I've seen it happen, it's not the least bit fun at all.

Definitely concur it should be fixed.
Make it more fun, make electrocution in general more fun.

Add a little zappy sprite that covers the body when taking heavy electrocution damage, maybe make the cool hairdo more common.
I suppose this is fixed, didn't happen when me or ErikHanson tested it.