Poll: slow blob?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
65.38%
17 65.38%
no
34.62%
9 34.62%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
slow blob overmind down
when i play as a blob now, i always speed over the tile i want to spread to or upgrade to a different functionality. i much rather have it back to the old system where it was a bit slower and more precise, because it's become a serious disadvantage towards the crew, especially when the station is lagging and the overmind doesn't respond to the keys. also, on another note i really dislike the click to move system, as when i'm clicking on an ability for the blob to use i'm dragged many tiles away from where i was operating, it's extremely aggravating when i'm trying to place down a slime launcher or fire membrane as the crew is attacking and i'm teleported away from where i need to be. /rant
I agree with the slowdown, it's a bit janky to play at the moment, as 1 tap on a keyboard inconsistently moves you 1 or 2 tiles.
i have made poll

i will take the votes and implement what they want this weekend if people remind me
Tbh I like moving quickly to keep track of all the areas I've spread to. I hotkey the important abilities and then use the mouse to do those, so movement doesn't affect me there.

I think, a good compromise would be to have fast movement/click to move a toggle or unique hotkey. This would allow people to switch from quick to precise movement as needed
i dont play blob enough to remember if it can "sprint" like ghosts, but if it can yeah it needs to be slower when not sprinting, since you can sprint when you need to zip places and still have some control otherwise
I would say to make shift a sprint for the blobmind, but thats an action bind for blob. Maybe make space a hold-to-slow hotkey? I don't think blob needs the spacebar for throwing things.
oh yeah I can make it so its slower but you can hold space to sprint, just like ghosts can
In my experience blobs can live or die based on how good they are at using click to move. Its faster and more percise than using the arrow keys.
(12-05-2017, 11:43 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: oh yeah I can make it so its slower but you can hold space to sprint, just like ghosts can
Please do
(12-07-2017, 11:50 AM)New525 Wrote: In my experience blobs can live or die based on how good they are at using click to move. Its faster and more percise than using the arrow keys.
Maybe add a toggle for people who don't like using it, or let people bind click-move to a button+click
(12-07-2017, 11:50 AM)New525 Wrote: In my experience blobs can live or die based on how good they are at using click to move. Its faster and more percise than using the arrow keys.

The problem comes when you run out of hotkeys for important stuff, you're rushing to put down something that isn't bound, and end up jumping half a screen away, or you're trying to use a hotkey on an area near the buttons at top of the screen and end up binding something else to that hotkey by mistake.

Options to disable left-click movement, lock the currently bound hotkeys and toggle between fast and precise as default movement speeds (if "sprinting" is added) would be very helpful.
I've got an idea. Let the blob build special tiles at resource cost that act as teleporters for jumping around to different areas

It's something I've argued for the AI having, and Blob is pretty similar to AI
(12-08-2017, 11:11 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've got an idea. Let the blob build special tiles at resource cost that act as teleporters for jumping around to different areas

how and where do I like this idea?...
wait, there's no like button!
that's shit...
(12-08-2017, 04:52 PM)Drago156 Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 11:11 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've got an idea. Let the blob build special tiles at resource cost that act as teleporters for jumping around to different areas

how and where do I like this idea?...
wait, there's no like button!
that's shit...
Ditto