Mentor Application: Hellzon/Egg SanBacon
Usual Character Name: Egg SanBacon. Borg:Cyborg Egg-53. AI: Dumb future videogame puns like Pong 2.0.
BYOND Username: Hellzon
Recommended by (if applicable): Nobody. Hopefully someone knows who I am anyway.
Times Available: 19-22 GMT, not nearly everyday. More on weekends.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):
Been playing semi-competently since mushroom station. I started with totally random characters, mostly playing Engineer to set up the singularity and have no job for the rest of the shift. You may also occasionally have seen me as a janitor who actually cleans places. Then I had an idea for a terrible pun, went some shifts as chef Egg SanBacon, and decided to stick with the name. Now I'm usually either engineer, mechanic or scientist, but I still end up as fried Egg SanBacon half the time.

When cogmap went up, the old maps on the wiki needed updating. I fixed that. Most of them, actually. Learned a lot about paint.net in the process. Then a lot of text needed updating, so I did what I could there too - we got a complete overhaul of how Cargo Bay works and I've been keeping an eye on that. I can't exactly claim any specific article as "mine", but I like wiki editing and I've messed a lot with ours. Now that it's pretty much up to date regarding cogmap, I'd like a new challenge.

In actual knowledge, I can hobble along doing most of the jobs on the station, though I'm the most familiar with Science, Engineering, Electronics, and with some lookup, the Kitchen. I figured out some of the new chemistry recipes with some hints. I have recieved compliments in-game for running the engine smoothly (even if I can't, and don't try to, get over 2 MW out of it). I stumbled on some kitchen recipes that weren't on the wiki (they're there now, you're welcome). And if you want to irritate everyone as a Mechanic, I can totally show you how to break into everywhere, scan everything, and recreate your department of choice in the Bar.

Cargo Bay? Sure, it keeps changing but I try to keep up. Drop me in Hydro and you'll probably find my corpse next to an electrified vending machine, though.

I might be a bit of a terrible teacher when I'm actually doing my job somewhere, but when I'm an omniscient being with little to do (AI or ghost), I try to blurt out something when a question comes up on the radio or deadchat. I do want to be the hero the station needs and help the noobs to not kill themselves with their shoes.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum):
It's been ogre ten years since I saw the first one. Third wasn't bad.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
None that I know of.
Yes, I finally get to post my opinion on a player I actually interact with on g4!I remember when I was first playing the game, I needed help. A lot. If there was ever someone in game that could teach me how to do anything, it was you. I remember having to ask you for help ogre and ogre again, but never once did you complain. It's an affirmative from me pal.
I think I remember you, you seem to be competent and I don't think you would abuse the mentor help system.
After playing with you recently you're pretty damn chill. Definitely yes.
I was observing Egg SanBacon, and I was surprised by what he knew.

Also, Darth Various is nice enough to talk to, he'll make a good mentor.

Yes.
I mean Hellzon, I approve Hellzon.

I am dumb.