Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Stable Hootagen Shouldn't Cause Victim to Drop ID
Stable hootagen is the newish chemical with the classic owlbomb effect - the target is force equipped an owl suit and owl mask.

The Problem

The only use I have seen of the chemical is as an impromptu thieving tool. When splashed you're suddenly and unexpectedly disrobed, allowing the perpetrator to quickly abscond with the ID and whatever was in the target's pockets and on their belt.

The Solution

Make the victim keep their ID on them. Alternatively the chemical could be made to stop penetrating skin. Skin penetration doesn't make much sense, and it would stop the chemical from being primarily a splash-and-grab weapon. This would keep around more advanced hijinks like using stable hootagen and fluorosulfuric acid smoke to destroy the IDs of everyone in a cloud, without making it too easy to use.
This seems a bit kneejerky, I would leave things as they are. Losing your ID here makes sense to me. Its a jumpsuit swap, which always causes an ID loss. And in the end if someone really wants your ID they are probably going to get it anyway. I also must say that I've never seen stable hootagen used in this manner myself, and I don't see this as a widespread problem.
I'm way behind on chem. You say it's touch? Does it have a minimum dosage? If it's touch with no-min then you could just add 1u+filler to a squirtbottle and go to town. If that's how it works, and it's not a total PITA to make, then yeah it's a bit much. I was never a fan of no-min effects.

The acidhoot is a clever combo. Kinda a shame to see axed, but it could become an issue. Especially if paired with a chemthrower. Fixing it would be a simple matter of adding a nope reaction.
This is not even the only transformation type thing that makes you drop everything you are holding including your ID. As much as it annoys me it's most likely gonna stay. Just get quicker at grabbing your ID when it happens. Not that hard.
Uh huh. So what happens if someone dilutes it in thousands of units of water and floods the halls with it?
(12-03-2017, 09:34 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Uh huh. So what happens if someone dilutes it in thousands of units of water and floods the halls with it?

a party
(12-03-2017, 09:34 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Uh huh. So what happens if someone dilutes it in thousands of units of water and floods the halls with it?

A hoot of a time.
(12-03-2017, 09:34 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Uh huh. So what happens if someone dilutes it in thousands of units of water and floods the halls with it?

Another kneejerk thread.
(12-02-2017, 07:06 PM)Honk Twice Wrote: The only use I have seen of the chemical is as an impromptu thieving tool.

It's not easy to synthesize (secret chem, so if anyone's discovered the recipe please do not comment further on it, the difficulty, etc. in here), so I would imagine most people are sourcing it from art beakers or Centcom ice creams if it's non-admins using it.

It's a gimmick chem that does one thing well, namely make people into owlsuit wearers. Consider the alternative complex chemicals you could have been splashed with instead of stable hootagen, and I'm absolutely fine with it working the way it is. If it becomes an ingest-only chem, it'd basically be an AoE thing every time it was used.