Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Pipebombs into Igniter/Signaller Assemblies and Proxy Assemblies
(12-03-2017, 01:19 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: Hey so did the duplication bug get fixed?
I haven't worked on the code since October, so that issue where adding a timer-less Pipebomb to an assembly and then wrenching it apart produces a the usual assembly components and a fully functional Pipebomb (and no timer-less Pipebomb) is still there.
At the time I couldn't think of an acceptable way to implement a proper fix, and got the impression that interest had waned.

I think I could fix that problem, but it would take time. If there is somebody who is actually interested in the code or the feature (for any reason), I can make time, but if there isn't, I'd rather spend that time playing.

Unless there was some other duplication issue, in which case I need some more information to go on.
(12-14-2017, 11:40 AM)TheĀ GrimĀ Sleeper Wrote:
I haven't worked on the code since October, so that issue where adding a timer-less Pipebomb to an assembly and then wrenching it apart produces a the usual assembly components and a fully functional Pipebomb (and no timer-less Pipebomb) is still there.
At the time I couldn't think of an acceptable way to implement a proper fix, and got the impression that interest had waned.

I think I could fix that problem, but it would take time. If there is somebody who is actually interested in the code or the feature (for any reason), I can make time, but if there isn't, I'd rather spend that time playing.

Unless there was some other duplication issue, in which case I need some more information to go on.

I really want the feature now with chest insertions, because I can easily make a pipebomb and shove it in someone, then explode it
Ok. I will have a working version ready before the end of the weekend, but testing properly will take a bit longer.
Huh, there really is another duplication bug about, but I can't find any version in which the bug doesn't trigger. Even the fresh pull from git has the problem. So it might actually be in the very gameplay-code itself. I'll try and fix this while I am working on this, but also I will post a bug-report for proper validation.

If things worked properly, when you make an assembly (timer/igniter, signaller/igniter, signaller/timer I think it all of them) and then wrench it to break it apart, the assembly should disappear and the components should spawn at your location.
But if you hold the assembly in your hand while you do this, the parts appear, but the assembly REMAINS!!!! Worse, it can be used: a beaker can be attached, the pile of components can be 'summoned' but using the wrench again...

Minor setback, work goes on.
Problems solved, icons working, bombs tested, station wrecked.

Questions for the peeps:
None. Go and field test this re-enact that scene from 'The Dark Knight'. Just remember to fill your pockets with lint and knives!

Current build fully tested (2017-12-16)

Code: Feedback/info would be much appreciated.
bam