Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Requesting Minor Adjustment to Synthetic Flesh
The Problem

Synthetic flesh has a slight problem. It heals on touch but is inert while in the body. It also depletes slowly, so if used repeatedly it can easily start accumulating in the body. It has a depletion rate of the default 0.4 so it stays in the body for a long while, and especially if you have the slow metabolism trait.

It Isn't a Problem for the Other Healing Chemicals

Silver sulfadazine and styptic powder don't face this issue as they give them some healing whenever they tick. They have a depletion rate of 3 so they are removed from the body rather fast.

Solution

The quick suggestion is to increase the depletion rate of synthetic flesh to at least 3. For normalization purposes it should perphaps also give some healing while in the body, through copying code from styptic powder and silver sulfadazine.
What if it worked differently while ingested, maybe healing internal organs rather than just brute/burn?
(11-30-2017, 07:59 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: What if it worked differently while ingested, maybe healing internal organs rather than just brute/burn?

I suppose that could be fun. Let's have it regrow your butt if it's missing since ingesting it would mainly push it through the GI-system. Although, I don't think there's any real organ damage right now?

I have only really had an issue with using it through patches, which also puts some of the chemical in your bloodstream. I mostly want it changed since it seems like an oversight when comparing it to the lesser healing patches.
Eating synthflesh sounds very dangerous, what if it sticks inside your throat ?
yeah we don't have proper organ damage implemented

I would be fine with it having a depletion rate of 4 maybe but heal a small ammount of brute burn while ingested