Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The chest implant patch
Bug one: Someone implanted a die in my chest. It fell out, but still rolled-- on the floor far away from me-- when I touched my chest.
Bug two: Farting doesn't seem to activate or eject items, secured or not. Bad
As reported by Dexter Grifflez, and I'm posting it here:

Quote:I self-surgery'd myself to insert a medkit into my chest. Went perfectly fine until I went to suture myself shut without securing the medkit. Instead, the suture was overridden by the medkit which teleported out of my chest and into my hand. The medkit now teleports to my hand when I pat myself on the chest. Using a scalpel on grab intent to extract
Can't replicate it myself, can't figure out where in the code it's going wrong. It's not a dupe bug, the item just appears to exist in two places at once (and cause strangeness as whenever this sort of thing happens). I've added a temporary fix that checks for the item being in the chest when things need to happen to it, but the root cause eludes me. This is a call to the other coders to PLEASE HELP
OKAY REALLY BIG PROBLEM:
HAD SOMEONE PUT A PIPEBOMB IN MY CHEST
THE ACTION OF SUTURING MY CHEST SHUT ACTIVATED THE BOMB AND KILLED US BOTH.

Basically: because it counted as 'hey someone did this to your chest', finishing the operation triggers shit, which is disastrous.

EDIT: I am pleased to report that chest-implanted TTV bombs work perfectly however.
I'll be home in an hour or two to investigate this more on the 510 branch. In the meantime I want to get more information so I can see if I can diagnose what's going wrong. Post-deploy bugs are the best bugs v

Die falling out on use: I will look into this. When I was testing on 510 I had used a d100 and the die stayed in the chest displaying results. Was the die sutured into place, and what die had you used for this? Edit: This is due to weird die behavior. Dice are coded to always appear on the ground when rolled, and activations by chest hit don't stop that. This is working as intended.

Farting does not activate item: I'll have to look into that more. The last I had seen before submitting it was working, but I'll have to try doing more egg-assisted testing on NPCs. Edit: Was your butt attached when you tried this? If you have no butt you can't fart, and if you can't fart you can't fart-activate things or poop them out. This is something I wasn't able to repro on the 510 branch, but if you have more details that'd be awesome. This may have also been caused by another bug I found where you couldn't fart out any items ever again after one had been sewn in.

Medkit teleportation: This was done with self surgery, which may have different implications during the surgery process regarding where the item is placed. Will do more investigating later, if I can dupe it but can't fix it I'll have to disallow crates. Edit: I wasn't able to repro this on the 510 branch with self surgery. I'll have to try to repro on the live server later.

AH FUCK PIPEBOMB: This could either be bleed damage from surgery triggering item activation or the suture use on the patient triggering this. If it's the latter then that'll be a simple surgery check to prevent errant medical explosions. Edit: This is fixed. There is now a check to see if surgery is being performed. If not, the item activates.

Edit: I fixed one more bug I found where cutting an item out of someone's chest with a scalpel would not reset the chest_item_sewn flag. This meant that if one item was ever sewn in, all future items would always be sewn in. The flag now resets when you cut out an item, fart away!
I definitely fixed the pipebomb issue, and items are no longer always sewn into someone. However, I can't for the life of me figure out why farting an item still won't work. The code is sound and works on my 510 local, but it won't work on the live server.

Farting is fixed, get farty, farty party.
this feature really makes me want to merge the radio controlled pipebombs patch now
(11-30-2017, 01:09 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: this feature really makes me want to merge the radio controlled pipebombs patch now

Walking pipbombs.
i think this is fixed pls disagree with me if i wrong
Implanted handtele's don't work. They go in just fine and farting activates the handtele menu, but you can't open a portal.

Also I dunno when this started, but you can't punch someone in the chest to activate an implanted item anymore!!!

Implanted medkits can now succesfully be stored in your chest, thanks to the activate on chest-punch function not working, but farting still sends the medkit from inside my body to my hand!! The game thinks the medkit is still in my chest until I perform the surgery to cut it out, where it teleports to me and falls to the floor.