Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Sec PDA Module
Lightbulb 
Instead of the default flashlight, stick a flasher in  there, with a UI button to activate it.

Either give it a cooldown but with no chance to burn out, or just pop a handheld flasher in to replace it
(06-05-2017, 05:51 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Instead of the default flashlight, stick a flasher in  there, with a UI button to activate it.

Either give it a cooldown but with no chance to burn out, or just pop a handheld flasher in to replace it

I feel like it doesn't need a cooldown.

Lets say a would be assailant disarms you.

If your ID is in the sec PDA, you've now lost your PDA, and your ID, which is on you.

If you lose your PDA, now they can run around flashing people and texting boom messages under your name.

Also, having the flasher on should disable the fingerprint scanner, and having the fingerprint scanner should disable the flasher. That way the PDA is still sorta useful for gathering evidence.

On that note I sorta wish that the finger print scanner added the scanned evidence to the PDA notes.

edit: If you want to go full surveillance state, scanning prints on contraband should automatically flag the owner of said prints for contraband possession in PDAs. This will make everyone hate you if they're just returning a stun baton or bringing something to evidence, but security officers should probably be checking the profiles for that info anyway.
You've misunderstood me. The PDA can flash while you're still wearing it, with a click of a UI button on the top left of the screen. There's no chance of you losing it in a disarm, and both your hands are free
Would this be the in hand AoE flash effect for decloaking people, or the mounted flasher effect, because it would be really op to have a mounted flasher you could carry around with you that requires little skill or effort to use, and would be spammed by players on the floor to flash people the moment they recover from stuns or slipping.
Could we make it so clicking yourself with grab intent does your PDA module thing? Instead of the weird nipple thing.

I'd say make the PDA module either: if you click someone with disarm intent it flashes them via PDA, while you have the PDA thing enabled, or: You click the PDA button, then next time you click something adjacent, you flash it. Then grab-clicking yourself area flashes, and with the first one just clicking the UI button enables/disables it, then grab clicking yourself still does area flash
(06-06-2017, 09:09 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Would this be the in hand AoE flash effect for decloaking people, or the mounted flasher effect, because it would be really op to have a mounted flasher you could carry around with you that requires little skill or effort to use, and would be spammed by players on the floor to flash people the moment they recover from stuns or slipping.
The same effect as a handheld flash. I was thinking, it would only target the tile directly in front of you, in the direction you're facing. Which would mean that people located diagonally from you couldn't be hit by it, but I think that creates an interesting strategic dynamic for avoiding it.
(06-06-2017, 09:17 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: Could we make it so clicking yourself with grab intent does your PDA module thing? Instead of the weird nipple thing.

I'd say make the PDA module either: if you click someone with disarm intent it flashes them via PDA, while you have the PDA thing enabled, or: You click the PDA button, then next time you click something adjacent, you flash it. Then grab-clicking yourself area flashes, and with the first one just clicking the UI button enables/disables it, then grab clicking yourself still does area flash
Wouldn't mind these methods of activation either